Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenneth

Replacing an RS

I can't really figure out the flex point of my prostock RS but i honestly have not had a stick shoot this well with minimum effort ever and that excels in all types of shots.

Now because i love to always trying new things out is there any other sticks by the other brands that are similar to the flex and characteristics to the RS? I've read some people say the stick is a low kickpoint/mid-low/mid so it's all over the map i'm not sure where to start. thanks!

the widow?! although IMO you never know what you're getting with pro stock...at the canucks eq sale every RS was a repaint and ppl had no idea and were buying them left and right. But something i found kinda similar was the widow.. ps i loved my s19 pro stock iginila, once of the best sticks I've ever used.

Not only do you not know what model you could be getting but you also don't know how that pro may have had the stick tinkered with to adjust the flex profile or where the stiffness truly lies.

hmmm well it's Justin Williams EQ50 repainted as a RS/S19 (As the elptical taper and is identical to the RS taper). The barcode sticker says RS, does Easton have different stiffness profiles like what Bauer does with G3 sticks?

The pro stock Easton can have anything done to it. We'd need the code listed on the barcode, and on the back of the shaft. And even then, it's a crapshoot.

Just pick up a retail RS. The stick is a beast.

hmmm well it's Justin Williams EQ50 repainted as a RS/S19 (As the elptical taper and is identical to the RS taper). The barcode sticker says RS, does Easton have different stiffness profiles like what Bauer does with G3 sticks?

Since it's pretty recent it's most likely an 85 flex, and he uses an identiical curve to Doughty which is the "Kreps" pro curve. I believe the lie on Williams sticks is higher though I don't have mine anymore to compare to my Doughty.