Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AENutrition

2013 Pro Nationals and Beyond

In the industry I work in(Sports Nutrition), people documenting their progress and training on forums is quite common. I figured I would transfer that over to the sport that I love and log my training and lifestyle leading up to the major Pro Nationals next summer(TORHS, NARCH, State Wars).

I am heading to train right now, and have an 8:30pm EST game tonight, but I will try and update with some detailed information tonight/tomorrow morning and get this rolling.

If anyone has questions or wants me to post about anything specific, let me know.

Interested in what you have just before, during and post game / training. Specially looking for thoughts on intake that is low in refined sugars and sodium but high in essential elements such as potassium, magnesium, protein, carbs etc.

Interested in what you have just before, during and post game / training. Specially looking for thoughts on intake that is low in refined sugars and sodium but high in essential elements such as potassium, magnesium, protein, carbs etc.

It depends on the time the games are at and how I am feeling that day, but it will usually be a variation of either A) boiled red skin potatoes, broccoli and shredded chicken, sea salt OR B) I play fasted, sipping amino acids/electrolytes during the game.

After games the boys and I usually grab sushi. I'll get 5-8 pieces of salmon nigiri and a roll or two. Always eat the ginger to aid in digestion.

Training is almost always fasted. Daily I follow a meal structure known as Intermittent Fast or IF. I eat all on my meals within an 8 hour window, and only consume water/amino acids outside of that period.

My integral supplements are Athletic Edge Nutrition IntrAbolic and IntraXcell.

The above is my personal preference. Most people can not do what I do in a fasted state, my body has just adapted and fasting elevate levels of neurotransmitters, enhancing focus and energy.

Typicallys a balanced meal containing a fat content 15g or under, carbohydrate content between 30-100g and protein content in the 20-40g range.

Gear from Alkali Hockey game in today. Training right now, grabbing some dinner with my dad and then heading to a new gold draft league at JCC in West Bloomfield. I broke my iPad the other day, but once I'm at a desktop I will post a bio etc.

Height: 6'1

Weight: 265

Position: D

Team: Alkali Impulse

History:

I played inline goalie from 7-11, ice exclusively after that. After suffering multiple injuries in highschool from football, my ice hockey aspirations dimished and I began skating out in inline. I was a lower level player for a couple years, getting by on my athleticism more than skill. I've never had any sort of formal training, and have only played player for about 5 years now. Last fall I actually began to take it seriously. I started to drop weight during the AIHL season and played in my first ever Elite game. That just motivated me to push harder and become as good as humanly possible. I've since then won Senior AA in Midwest Wars(we should have played AAA), assembled our current pro team(Impulse), played Pro in TORHS Nationals(limited floor time), won State Wars Senior A(half our elite squad couldnt come so we all split into A/AA), and won the first two MIHA T1 tournaments in Chicago and Detroit.

We have an awesome sponsor, Alkali Hockey(www.alkalihockey.com) and a full set of tournaments in our sights leading up to the "Big 3" next year.

I will be working to improve my foot work, speed, stickhandling and vision.

I'm the worst player on our pro squad, no doubt, but I can hang But being the weakest link only makes me want to become that much better, and I dont want to "hang", I want to dominate. Over the past couple of months I have become a player I never thought I would be, and the goal is to say the same thing next year.

I currently and playing in Platinum and Gold on Sundays, Gold on Mondays, Gold on Tuesdays. This will be on top of the AIHL season starting up next month and our tournament schedule.

Training is daily in some way, shape or form, consisting of weight training, plyometrics, speed/agility work, on rink drills and skating, off rink conditioning, and of course, recovery. Even during games, I pick something specific to work on and focus on it for the duration. Repetition and perfection.

This week has been really good.

Monday: Woke up and went for a half mile jog. Did a series of footwork drills with two 20' ladders. Worked the rest of the day and had a game at night. Played really well defensively. This week I'm working on increasing my physicality around the puck and blocking shots. Did very well with both, but still lots of room for improvement.

Tuesday: Kettlebell training and off rink stick handling with a wooden ball. Game at night, played like crap. My feel was really off, puck was fluttering off my blade and passes werent accurate. Chalking it up to an off night.

Wednesday: Half mile run in the AM followed by footwork. No skating today, heading to the gym in a second for plyometrics and max effort lower body work.

How is the training coming along?

The past two month have been mayhem. Still havent gotten my Ipad fixed and have been on the road for 3+ weeks on the east coast.

Everything is going great. On the road, ice is a lot more available than inline rinks, so I've been playing a ton of ice hockey. The carry over has been a faster release and a stronger stride in inline. Gearing down training this week and resting up for TORHS 2hot4ice Winter Cup North this weekend. Should be a great tournament with teams like the Pama Cyclones, Tour Mudcats, Alkali RPD, Tour Excitement and more competing in pro.

I'm down to 258lbs, and have been playing solid the past 2 weeks. We had a falling out as a team and the remnants are 3 of us, so we have a completely revamped and evolving roster right now. Winters should be good for some experience and checking players out to get ready for summer nationals.

I'll be back on board updating this regularly now!

Just a note; I have been skating in the Alkali RPD boot for the past 2 months and it is by far the best inline skate I've used. The comfort is amazing, boot is stiff as hell and I have no qualms at all. Theyre studs for sure.

The past two month have been mayhem. Still havent gotten my Ipad fixed and have been on the road for 3+ weeks on the east coast.

Everything is going great. On the road, ice is a lot more available than inline rinks, so I've been playing a ton of ice hockey. The carry over has been a faster release and a stronger stride in inline. Gearing down training this week and resting up for TORHS 2hot4ice Winter Cup North this weekend. Should be a great tournament with teams like the Pama Cyclones, Tour Mudcats, Alkali RPD, Tour Excitement and more competing in pro.

I'm down to 258lbs, and have been playing solid the past 2 weeks. We had a falling out as a team and the remnants are 3 of us, so we have a completely revamped and evolving roster right now. Winters should be good for some experience and checking players out to get ready for summer nationals.

I'll be back on board updating this regularly now!

Just a note; I have been skating in the Alkali RPD boot for the past 2 months and it is by far the best inline skate I've used. The comfort is amazing, boot is stiff as hell and I have no qualms at all. Theyre studs for sure.

Good luck this weekend. We'll be there with 4 teams......Buffalo Steel.

Good luck this weekend. We'll be there with 4 teams......Buffalo Steel.

Your team with Trimper if he comes has a solid chance. Best of luck to you as well! Don't be afraid to swing by the Alkali booth and say hi to any of the guys.

Being this is the first year Torhs/2Hot4Ice has combined let us know how the event is overal as well, if you dont mind. We have WinterCup South here in a few weeks. Thanks

Your team with Trimper if he comes has a solid chance. Best of luck to you as well! Don't be afraid to swing by the Alkali booth and say hi to any of the guys.

Thanks. Trimper will be there, not sure if Bentley will be there though. I know he's been having some back issues recently.

Drew Infamous(guys that left our team), Pama Cyclones and Pama Chupacabras.

Thanks. Trimper will be there, not sure if Bentley will be there though. I know he's been having some back issues recently.

Ah yeah Bentley would help

Went 1-3 in Wintercup including a win over Infamous and a loss in the quarterfinals to the Tour Bordercats.

Infamous: 3-2 win

Pama Cyclones: 5-0 loss

Pama Chupacabras: 3-2 loss

Tour Bordercats: 4-2 loss

We really only had 4 pro level guys including our tendy, and it showed. We lost two guys for the playoff game and still battled and did not get out played. Great event over all and we got some ideas about where we want to go from here.

I've been on the road since the tournament, but training has been consistent a good. Shot 500 picks today and worked on release and placement. Next week adding in screens and obstacles.

Went 1-3 in Wintercup including a win over Infamous and a loss in the quarterfinals to the Tour Bordercats. Infamous: 3-2 win Pama Cyclones: 5-0 loss Pama Chupacabras: 3-2 loss Tour Bordercats: 4-2 loss We really only had 4 pro level guys including our tendy, and it showed. We lost two guys for the playoff game and still battled and did not get out played. Great event over all and we got some ideas about where we want to go from here. I've been on the road since the tournament, but training has been consistent a good. Shot 500 picks today and worked on release and placement. Next week adding in screens and obstacles.

Keep up the work buddy. Your progression has been noticed all around the rink here.