Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leafer101993

Issues with CCM U+ 10 skates

I purchased a pair of CCM U+10 skates a year ago, and since that point i have put about 375 hours of ice time into them. Around March I noticed the tendon guards had started to break, I think that this may come from using ShinTights, as a buddy uses CCM skates and ShinTights and has the same problem.

I've also noticed that the sole of the boot has started to crack in both skates. I'm wondering if this is a defect or just a result of a lot of ice time. Alsois it possible that it could develop into something worse, or if they will be able to hold up to the stress?

Left Front

DsJI9.jpg?1

Left Heel

hrvLP.jpg?1

Right Heel

ZNJFc.jpg?1

That's normal wear and tear for a mid level skate with that many hours on it. I wouldn't worry about those cracks, they are common in plastic sole skates and you can prob still go years with them like that. Tendon guards are the weakest point on a skate, pretty common as well. Most breaks are accellerated by people grabbing the guard when taking off skates, never heard of a shintight related occurance.

i havent noticed any particular weaknesses compared to other skates, but i am notoriously easy on my skates when taking them off and putting them on. my guess is the tendon guard issue is more to do with this as the previous commenter posted, but i havent seen you put on or take off skates.

I have seen skates with wrecked tendon guards come into the shop, so I am very careful taking mine off as well. I guess if its a pretty common issue there's nothing else i can do about it except start looking for a new pair.