Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

Montreal visit/vacation

Curious if anyone from the area around montreal could give me some idea of the expense and feasibility of a visit to Montreal in March. Looking for info on cheaper lodging in the surrounding areas, what Montreal is like in the early spring and what kind of events and attractions in general are usually going on. Sorry, this is kind of broad but it seems like an amazing city and I'm trying to sell my girfriend on the idea that we could have fun there for a week and it would be relatively cheap compared to some of her other ideas (Vegas in particular. Cheap to go, not at all cheap to stay. )

Vegas is pretty much always the same price; you either get cheap flight and expensive lodging, or the opposite.

I'd like to think that Vegas is cheaper than MTL, however, I personally think a week in Vegas is way too much (unless you rent a car and you go to Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon.)

A week in Vegas can be pretty hard on you, I just did that around the show in October. It should be fairly decent in March, rent a car and hit Red Rocks, Valley of Fire, Hoover Dam, a sighsteeing flight over the Grand Canyon. The best parts of Vegas happen at night, that leaves all day to do other things. If she does win, I can give you a couple suggestions. Personally, the idea of sun and warm in March trumps potential cold and snow for me. Then again, I'm a wimp.

There are tons of things to do in Montreal Doug. In terms of staying somewhere, you can get a variety of hotel options, the ones downtown are more expensive but if you plan on touring downtown or the old port it may be worth it instead of taking a taxi/renting a car everyday.