Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hb4167

And the 2013 Stanley Cup Champion is........

Does it really matter? Call me a poor fan for thinking this, thats fine. I am just trying to keep an objective look on the season.

In a 49 game season where depth wont matter as much as during a full year....Do you think you will respect whomever wins the cup in '13 regardless of who they are?

I feel like this is a throwaway season glamourized by the media and hockey loyalists who want none of my heresy.

Even if my hometown team wins, I feel like I will have a hard time not looking at this cup with an imaginary asterisk next to it...

I mean no offense here, just trying to generate some spirited conversation on the matter....And trying to find a reason to care about this season.....

You still have to win 16 hard fought playoff games to win the cup. Plus, those 48 games are being played over a compressed time frame and injuries will still occur so depth will still be important.