Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guitarfreek92

bauer tuuk lightspeed2

alright i have my lightspeed 2s from my one95 which are the clear/blue holders and i cant remember what steel fits into it properly. if anyone knows please help me out and if its alrdy on here i tried looking but haven't gotten a custom to the site yet and point me in the right direction that would be awesome as well

I have a question, and didn't want to open another thread. Why is that that the holders/runners are the next size up in EE half sizes? Are EE skates longer than D width skates?

I have a question, and didn't want to open another thread. Why is that that the holders/runners are the next size up in EE half sizes? Are EE skates longer than D width skates?

No. They're on there because it fits.

So are they (the holders) in a sense too big/oversized for EE skates? I don't quite understand the logic.

No. The skate is wider so it fits a larger holder...You do understand that one holder covers multiple sizes of skates right?

No. The skate is wider so it fits a larger holder...You do understand that one holder covers multiple sizes of skates right?

Not really, would you care to explain? I always thought that a longer skate would fit a longer holder.

Not really, would you care to explain? I always thought that a longer skate would fit a longer holder.

If your brain cannot comprehend that something wider has more surface area then I am wasting my time.

Sometimes the 'tude on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

The man has a legitimate question: a LS2 288 holder is a mere 1 1/2 mm (1/16") wider in the front tower than a 280 holder but about 8mm (surprise!) longer.

So why would the SAME SIZE skate get a 280 holder in a "d" WIDTH, but a LONGER 288 holder in a "E"(WIDER) WIDTH skate?

Oh yeah, the surface area. Thanks for your help.

Sheesh...

I'll apologize for TBLfan, he had a bad day from what I gather.

Honestly, I don't necessarily understand the reasoning behind it. I skate with a 10.5 LS2 on both NXG and Nexus and they are both D (E and EE true-to-last) and they are both 288mm. And they do seem short...I just stopped caring and skate with them anyway, or put 2.1 steel on it to get me to 296.

I can ask their skate PM for clarification.

Sometimes the 'tude on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

The man has a legitimate question: a LS2 288 holder is a mere 1 1/2 mm (1/16") wider in the front tower than a 280 holder but about 8mm (surprise!) longer.

So why would the SAME SIZE skate get a 280 holder in a "d" WIDTH, but a LONGER 288 holder in a "E"(WIDER) WIDTH skate?

Oh yeah, the surface area. Thanks for your help.

Sheesh...

That's exactly what I was thinking, notquitedeadyet. It's a rather strange logic, isn't it? I mean, I THOUGHT I read somewhere that EE skates were slightly longer than D skates, so that would make sense that in a half size, a longer holder could/should be put on.

I'll apologize for TBLfan, he had a bad day from what I gather.

Honestly, I don't necessarily understand the reasoning behind it. I skate with a 10.5 LS2 on both NXG and Nexus and they are both D (E and EE true-to-last) and they are both 288mm. And they do seem short...I just stopped caring and skate with them anyway, or put 2.1 steel on it to get me to 296.

I can ask their skate PM for clarification.

That's alright, everyone has their off moments. It is interesting though about the holder length, and if you happen to come across an answer, I think we would all like to know the reasoning behind it. Cheers JR!

And TBLfan, I hope you have a better day tomorrow!

I've wondered about this also, ever since I've seen the blade size chart in the Bauer catalog. I'd like to know the reason even if just to satisfy my curiosity.

That's alright, everyone has their off moments. It is interesting though about the holder length, and if you happen to come across an answer, I think we would all like to know the reasoning behind it. Cheers JR!

And TBLfan, I hope you have a better day tomorrow!

PM sent.