Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hopesfail

2009 Easton SE4 Skates

My first post here, so go easy on me. About a year and a half ago I was getting into hockey and skating. After looking around online I went with most suggestions of buying a used pair for cheap since I had knee surgery shortly before and didn't know if I would be able to skate without pain and didn't want to waste money. I found an ad on craigslist from a guy who had worked for Easton. I guess they give a lot of product that they use for testing and advertising to employees because he had a ton of stuff. The skates were used 1 time for testing. He said that there are only 3 pairs of this skate in existence, and I have the 1 pair in the United States. These were prototype skates that Easton designed, made 3 pair to send to their offices in Canada, Japan, and California for testing and research stuff, and right before they started the full production of the skate, they scrapped it and ended up going with the Easton Stealth line. I baked the skates and they fit awesome now. Easton SE4 Prototype.

jQbHZT7.jpg

More images here http://imgur.com/a/B6VgH

I hope you didn't pay too much for them. Based on Easton's numbering scheme for the SE line of skates, the SE4 would have been just about the bottom of the barrel.

Welcome to MSH! That boot appears to be downspec'ed quite a bit from the SE16, which was the top of the line Synergy skate during that market cycle. If they weren't a widespread skate, its likely they were a lower end SMU for a specific retailer (Canadian Tire, Peranis, etc) Sorry to burst your bubble. :sad:

welcome to msh!

I think the most important is that you're happy with them, however next time around, I suggest you to go to the download section and have a look at the older easton catalogues :)

there you'll find pretty much everything you need to know and avoid being bs'ed!

I wasn't able to find anything on the SE4 at the time, but found stuff on the higher SE10, 14 etc. I only paid 50 bucks and since I'm only doing stick and puck and stuff like that, they are more than capable for what I'm doing. At the same price on craigslist and other similar sites for used gear, the higher end Bauers and CCM skates I saw were really beat up and worn. I felt like I made the right choice, but you guys know more than me. Thanks for the welcome!