Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DevRon30

Widest Ice Hockey shin guards

What would you say between the Warrior Projekts or the Warrior Koncept?

What would you say between the Warrior Projekts or the Warrior Koncept?Anyone know is Warrior and Bauer Shin Guards Senior 13" run the same size? Thanks!

They are pretty close to the same size if not exact. I'm not in the shop right now but, I can check for you tomorrow. And personally I would go with the Warrior Projekts. :)

They are pretty close to the same size if not exact. I'm not in the shop right now but, I can check for you tomorrow. And personally I would go with the Warrior Projekts. :)

Yes I was leaning toward the warriors too. If you could check for me tomorrow I'd be appreciate it. Thanks!

Yes I was leaning toward the warriors too. If you could check for me tomorrow I'd be appreciate it. Thanks!

No prob. Your welcome. I'll be in touch!

The inside lining for the Warrior Projekts is so comfortable and the padding is almost has a gel feeling to it.

No prob. Your welcome. I'll be in touch!

The inside lining for the Warrior Projekts is so comfortable and the padding is almost has a gel feeling to it.

Perfect they sounds great! If length is same or close ill be buying the projekts!

Sherwood Nexon N10. I have huge calves. Best fit and bang for the buck.

However, they look like they're out of stock, and I have no idea if they come in 13".

The Warriors were also on my list, but they were twice the price in my area.

Perfect they sounds great! If length is same or close ill be buying the projekts!

Really sorry but I didn't end up going into the shop today. Will be in for sure tomorrow so I will send you a msg late Thursday night if that is ok.

Really sorry but I didn't end up going into the shop today. Will be in for sure tomorrow so I will send you a msg late Thursday night if that is ok.

No worries. I actually just ended up buying the warrior Projekt shins due to all the hype. So hope they are as protective as they say and quality built. Thanks again

Ok perfect your welcome. They should be the same length as the nexus if not exactly the same.

Let me know how you like them! :)

i Would take another look at the reebok 14" 11k to be honest i have 15" and they do feel shorter than 15" worst comes to worst i have seen them modified by the bottom inch being cut off. 11k very protective have taken shot's slashes and many many falls lol never felt a thing

I have had the 2011 projekts and just bought the reebok 11k for Christmas and feel the 11k's are a great improvement. The liners come out to wash and I believe have better cushioning to the knee cap areas. Also they are on closeout and you could probably find a bargain if you act soon.

On 2/19/2013 at 2:38 AM, Dave003 said:

Im short and stout too (5'6 155) and I've had the 9Ks and EQ50s. The 9Ks were wider but the EQ50s felt beefier and more to my liking. If you do go with the EQ50s the comfort calf strap will probably be too short so you'll need to sew in some elastic or always have sock tape to hold them down.

Also If you have a hairblower/heatgun or are brave enough to throw them in the dryer you can warm the shell up just enough to mold the plastic for a wider or thinner fit.

Bought some Reebok 20k shins a little while back but just got around to using them. They keep sliding down when I'm on the ice, so think I could do with making them a little wider.

Has anyone had an success of heating up shin pads and making them wider? If so, what kind of heat? I've got a heatgun but it does 450c/842f - 600c/1112f which I thought might be too hot?!

1 hour ago, Davideo said:

I'm confused. Why would making shin pads wider prevent them from sliding down? I would think the opposite would be more likely.

Right now my leg isn't fitting as far in as what they should, there is a gap between my shin and the liner. If you get what I mean....