Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xero117

r2 xn10, still the best?

I have the chance to buy an r2 xn10 shaft and was wondering if it's at the same performance level or better than the current sticks on the market? I am currently using a total one, x60 and a covert dt1 if that helps.

It kicks like none other. The XN10 series and Easton CNT series blow away anything that has come to the market in the past 5-7 years. Hang onto it as long as you can!

It kicks like none other. The XN10 series and Easton CNT series blow away anything that has come to the market in the past 5-7 years. Hang onto it as long as you can!

Alright then, guess I'll go out and get the last one available. Haha I'm also still looking for CNTs in 65 flex LH but it's just as difficult if not more so.

The only issue I had with the R2 XN10 shafts is that any blade you pair with them will make it blade heavy because the shaft is so light. Other than that great sticks (as the second poster said)!

I still have two left that I use from time to time. Within the last couple years, manufacturers have finally begun matching the performance of those old TPS sticks. The One95 was largely on par for performance and much better for feel. The Miken ZL is also pretty close to the same level of performance.

I still have two left that I use from time to time. Within the last couple years, manufacturers have finally begun matching the performance of those old TPS sticks. The One95 was largely on par for performance and much better for feel. The Miken ZL is also pretty close to the same level of performance.

Would you say that my current sticks have a higher performance than the xn10 then? I just wanted to know if it's truly worth spending about $170 for the xn10 paired with an apx blade or if I should jump on totalone's as I've been able to find them in 60 flex in my curve for the same price (could drop with hockey season ending soon)?

I don't think that you'll be disappointed with the R2XN10. I still use mine and really feel no need to change to something newer. I've had great luck with their durability, as well. In terms of performance, I'd agree with Chadd that some of the top end newer stuff seems to kick about as hard. The Miken Razor Z9 that I had the chance to LTR was amazing.

If you don't like the R2XN10, I think you could resell it without much difficulty. Fairly-priced XN10 shafts tend to get snapped up pretty quickly on here.

The only issue I had with the R2 XN10 shafts is that any blade you pair with them will make it blade heavy because the shaft is so light. Other than that great sticks (as the second poster said)!

I haven't noticed this if I use a top-end blade (I have tried 11k, Dolos, and pro stock Bauers) and a wooden end plug.... but that's me.

If you've never had one, make sure you buy the black/yellow one (R2XN10) vs the R2 Armor XN10 shafts, which aren't the same one that I think most of us are referring to. I've used both and find that the black/yellow R2XN10s kick harder, last longer and are noticeably lighter than the R2 Armor XN10s. I'd buy the R2xn10 or an RedLite XN10 in a heartbeat. I'd pass on the R2 Armor XN10 in favor of a more current shaft.