Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gosinger

Adding back protection to a TO girdle - suggestions?

Hello,

I recently purchased a Warrior Projekt and a Bauer TotalOne girdle. I like both of them, but while the Warriors tailbone pad extends upwards into substantial lower-back protection (bridging the gap between kidney-height and the spine-protection of the shoulders), the Bauer only offers very thin padding (up to kidney-height). When wearing the TO and the CCM CS shoulders a large part of my lower back / spine is exposed to cross-checks with what I feel is insufficient padding.

I was thinking of using a thermoplastic plastic plate (4mm thick) cut to shape , adding padding by sewing/gluing on a fitness-mat (hopefully the right term) on both sides and then attaching it to the girdle by adding heavy-duty velcros to both girdle and the new protective plate.

What do you guys think, is this a viable approach or do you have any other suggestions?

PS: Lacrosse-, baseball- or football-gear is not readily available over here, thats why I am considering DIY :(

Yes, that sounds good, though I would opt for a thinner plastic myself. I would have the velcro attachment on the outside of the girdle and not the inside close to the skin. This is to both allow the DIY pad to 'fall' against the lower back when leaning forward to offer more close protection as well as allowing more mobility when straight, kind of like a tendon guard.