Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pachocolate29

t-blade vs. normal

what would you rather have? t'blades or just a normal blade  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love my Tblades. Quicker stops, turns, everything. My runners last me a while. I can go 20+ hours, or more with one pair. And I like my blades sharp.

I actually bought Crosskore's t-blades from him and had JR put them on my Vapor10's. I made the change because the only guy around who knew how to sharpen skates was leaving. Since I have started using the t-blades I am satisfied but not overwhelmed with the system. If my skate sharpening guy returned I would swith back to my TUUK+ setup in a heart beat. Can't beat a quality custom contouring job. IMO

If T-Blades actually added to performance that much, then NHLers and the majority of other professional players would wear them. It seems that the only reason to buy these guys is if you have someone that can't sharpen skates.

At our LHS, the skate sharpener is the former NJ Devils Equiptment Manager. He can cut a good skate, but Tblade sharpening last longer, and are very consistant compared to those of conventinal sharpenings. If your at a rink where they have no sharpener or a bad one, or the pro shop is closed, no worrys, just throw another pair of blades on.

IMO lightspeeds are the way to go.

the pros use regular holders because they can easily get their skates sharpened after every use. t-blades are made so you dont have to get them sharpened all the time

I don't think thats an issue. Most people can afford to get their skates sharpened when needed, and T'blades end up costing roughly the same. Some Pro's don't get their skates sharpened before every ice time. I just think a good sharpening, will create a better feeling than T'blades.

IMO lightspeeds are the way to go.

the pros use regular holders because they can easily get their skates sharpened after every use. t-blades are made so you dont have to get them sharpened all the time

Actually, t'blades were designed for people who don't have access to someone who can sharpen their skates. I haven't been able to verify it but there is a guy who slaims a Graf engineer stole his design and set up the company in Germany. He said he won a lawsuit on it as well. I need to do some more research to see if it is true.

As for the poll, I'd hate to have to buy a different set of runners for each different ice condition I see around here. Much easier to just sharpen for the ice conditions.