Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whip

Weight transfer

I been hearing a lot about the key to having a better shot is weight transfer but up to this point I sitll have not fully understood what proper weight transfering is. So far all I know is that you put all your weight onto your back foot and as you hit the puck you put all that weight into your front foot and then lean into the shot. Is that all it is to weight transerfering?

I feel like I shift my weight from the back, the the puck, then forward. Like, I push my weight down so when my stick hits the ice before the puck it flexes as I transfer forward and SNAP the stick whips the puck, probably around 114mph, if not more..... :ph34r:

probably around 114mph, if not more.....

:rolleyes: .....better get a radar gun just to be sure.....then get someone to contact the scouts

probably around 114mph, if not more.....

:rolleyes: .....better get a radar gun just to be sure.....then get someone to contact the scouts

I don't think the slapshot is an important skill to have if you want to play high level hockey. But it's important to master all the skills you can for sure.

I think he means the speed of his downswing (like a golfer)

Tiger Woods is around 118-120, I find it hard to believe anyone is even close to that with a hockey stick.