Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nosmohtxela

Best price on pucks

I've decided to purchase an ez goal to help work on my shots. But I am having a hard time finding any good deals on bulk pucks.

Ice pucks are dirt cheap in bulk (box of 50-100) but since I only play roller I feel like shooting ice pucks all day won't transfer those shots into my games with a lighter roller hockey puck?

The other thing I've seen is blue ice hockey pucks that are the same weight as a roller puck but not sure how they would feel.

Can anyone help me out with my puck dilemma?

Thanks

-Alex

Ice pucks are dirt cheap in bulk (box of 50-100) but since I only play roller I feel like shooting ice pucks all day won't transfer those shots into my games with a lighter roller hockey puck?

Ice or inline pucks, it doesn't really matter what you shoot so long as you are shooting. There are subtle differences between the two but the basic mechanics still apply and muscle memory is what you are after. Get out there and fire 300 ice pucks a day at the net and trust me, it will transfer across to your inline game.

and while your in the mood of hitting pucks, have a look at a "tape to tape" aid (eg here http://www.tape-2-tape.com/ or search youtube to see how some have made there own). Really good for hitting the sweet spot on those one timers.

Everything from above is true. The thing that will change a little is puck feel and how it glides bc or surface and puck construction differences but that's minor.

I have seen allot of different passing aids like you are talking about. I actually am a contractor and know I can build something very similar for a fraction of the cost.

Thank you guys for your help. This forum has been a huge help to me in the past. And now that I'm getting back into playing in glad to see I can still always come here for help.

So today I will be ordering my net with 100 pucks. I got 4 months till I can play again. Hopefully by then my shooting technique and accuracy will be greatly improved.

Thanks again for all your help

-Alex

Well 4 months is a good chunk of time to practice. Remember to wear your gloves and preferably be on your skates when doing so, so you get used to the shaft feel and playing height.

I was actually thinking about the height difference the other day. I was thinking of also building a little platform the same hight change for when I'm to lazy to get my skates.

I found stickhandling just in shoes, no platform transferred really well. With the support of a boot you may bend your knees so much more once you do get on the court. That's what seemed to happen for me. Being on a platform I think would have changed the lie too much.

A shorter and a longer stick could be a good idea. But just a shorter stick, wouldn't that change the flex, balance, etc? For me, stickhandling with my playing stick length on shoes translated perfectly to being on the ice/court. I've never tried a shooting platform, but in my head, it feels very different in your feet to be that high on level plane. On skates, especially moving or shooting, your feet are angled so you're not actually on a ------- but more like a ///// and \\\\\, or as Pynchon would have it, a V.

I went over to hockeytron.com and bought a 10 pack of the DR pucks for less than $20. I use them for everything from shooting to stickhandling (use the green biscuit for straight handling). Good on smooth concrete. OK on driveway concrete. TERRIBLE on asphault.

They get a lot of flak, especially on this site, but my experience with a few of their products has been good and you cannot beat the price.

Ice or inline pucks, it doesn't really matter what you shoot so long as you are shooting. There are subtle differences between the two but the basic mechanics still apply and muscle memory is what you are after. Get out there and fire 300 ice pucks a day at the net and trust me, it will transfer across to your inline game.

and while your in the mood of hitting pucks, have a look at a "tape to tape" aid (eg here http://www.tape-2-tape.com/ or search youtube to see how some have made there own). Really good for hitting the sweet spot on those one timers.

How does the Tape to Stick compare to the Hockey Shot products?

I too am looking to buy an EZ goal but the problem I'm in an apt and there is no where to shoot. I need to take the goal to the school near by and not sure how to get the goal there. No real parking lot so my plan is go get a shooting pad and shoot from the grass into the baseball fence backstop behind home place. I was thinking about just getting once of those canvas goalies with the 4 targets and connecting that to the fence at the baseball diamond rather then lug a goal there. Anyone do anything similar?