Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gambitt

is the Bauer Supreme TotalOne NXG Ice Hockey Pants a good pants for roller hockey?

I want this pants, because is imposible get the bauer vapor: x60 adaptable core pad.

Is the total one NXG good for the the roller hockey without the shell?

I tried the regular TotalOne for roller in the past, I think it is a little too much protection for most roller players. When you say without the shell I assume you will still use roller pants, right? Using the girdle without a shell or any other form of abrasion protection like roller pants is gonna destroy them quite quickly.

Yes, I´ll use roller pants on the girdles.

Thanks for answer.

What model of girdles recommended for roller hockey?

The Bauer Supreme Total One NXG have a adjusted fit and is lighter pant than other of the market? I need a very fit and light pants, I hate the loose models.

For roller there are plenty of girdles out there (as almost all roller players use a girdle, but it differes in fit between the tight and the loose models) from Reebok, Mission (which is basically Bauers inline division by now), Tour and Alkali.

From my experience:

Mission Thorax Flow - tight fit, plenty of protection, one of the most common roller girdles I see

Alkali CA5 - very tight fit, a compression short with built-in cup and minimal padding added (the CA9 has a little more padding)

Old Mission wrap-around girdle - loose fit, very bulky, tank like protection, heavy as hell

If you search the term "roller girdle" on youtube you will find lots of IW videos on the topic, I can't say from the top of my head which of the models I don't own are tight/loose.

I've also used one95, X60 and ccm pro ice girdles. All with plenty of protection but that comes with a cost, they are heavier and hotter.

At the other end of the scale if you want something really light weight with basic protection consider getting some padded compression shorts like the Farrell ones - http://www.hockeymonkey.com/farrell-hockey-7650-compression-shorts-with-velcro.html

Is so heavy the Bauer Supreme Total One NXG without the shell?

For example, compare the Bauer Supreme Total One NXG with the Mission Thorax Flow Roller Hockey Girdles Sr, I see that the mission´s pants have a bad protection for some zones, and is not much lighter.

My actually pants are the mission Fuel 110, and I use for roller hockey (Yes, it is very heavier, I know).

Also, I´m comparing the Supreme Total One NXG with the Bauer Supreme TotalOne Sr. Adaptable Core Pad, which is lighter and offer more protection?

I think your going to sweat your buns off. If I had to wear a pant or girdle I would choose something very light weight. A girdle from mission or something would suffice.

Is so heavy the Bauer Supreme Total One NXG without the shell?

For example, compare the Bauer Supreme Total One NXG with the Mission Thorax Flow Roller Hockey Girdles Sr, I see that the mission´s pants have a bad protection for some zones, and is not much lighter.

My actually pants are the mission Fuel 110, and I use for roller hockey (Yes, it is very heavier, I know).

Also, I´m comparing the Supreme Total One NXG with the Bauer Supreme TotalOne Sr. Adaptable Core Pad, which is lighter and offer more protection?

According to JR's teardown on the Total One NXG it's both lighter and more protective than the old TotalOne.

With that said, I believe the Warrior Projekt ice girdle is a bit lighter than even the NXG, however; the NXG would offer more ventilation since it's a wrap style girdle and uses vent armor in many areas. If you really want something protective for roller then the NXG is a good choice, however; it's definitely heavier than a roller girdle and will likely be hotter than most roller girdles.

Personally, I wear the Warrior Projekt girdle for ice and use the Valken V-Elite for roller. The V-Elite isn't nearly as protective at the Projekt, but it's much lighter, the ventilation is miles better and the protection is good enough for me for roller. I used to use the Mission Thorax and it was slightly heavier than the Valken and not as well ventilated, but was lighter than my Projekt ice girdle and the NXG (I've tried on the NXG in a store and it's definitely heavier and bulkier than the Mission Thorax, but also much more protective).

According to JR's teardown on the Total One NXG it's both lighter and more protective than the old TotalOne.

With that said, I believe the Warrior Projekt ice girdle is a bit lighter than even the NXG, however; the NXG would offer more ventilation since it's a wrap style girdle and uses vent armor in many areas. If you really want something protective for roller then the NXG is a good choice, however; it's definitely heavier than a roller girdle and will likely be hotter than most roller girdles.

Personally, I wear the Warrior Projekt girdle for ice and use the Valken V-Elite for roller. The V-Elite isn't nearly as protective at the Projekt, but it's much lighter, the ventilation is miles better and the protection is good enough for me for roller. I used to use the Mission Thorax and it was slightly heavier than the Valken and not as well ventilated, but was lighter than my Projekt ice girdle and the NXG (I've tried on the NXG in a store and it's definitely heavier and bulkier than the Mission Thorax, but also much more protective).

Thanks for the review, definitively I´ll buy the Total One NXG girdles and the gloves also.

I think it´s a great good change compare with my actually Mission Fuel 100 girdle.

What do you think about the Supreme Total One NXG gloves?

The gloves are very nice but it is all dependent on how you like them to feel on your hands, loose, tight, mobility, etc. You need to try them on, most high end gloves from different manufacturers are very good.