Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hockeylife20

Pro Stock Jofa Shin Versus Retail Reebok

Anyone currently rock a pair of pro stock Jofa's or pro stock 8k/7k shins are they worth the $220 price tag on eBay? I currently have a pair of reebok 10k shins from 2010 I have removed all the straps and calf piece in the back. I'm truly having a hard time seeing a difference expect for the mesh like liner in the pro stocks and the smooth old school Jofa knee cap. The pro stock liner looks nicer and could last longer. They also look similar in size to my 10 k retail shins. Anyone have any pictures. Are they worth the money and transitioning to from retail? Seems like I have seen pros exclusively only wear Jofa/rbk branded Jofa's in the locker room. Any one have an opinion in the matter I would love to hear.

Well, what level of hockey do you play, and what is your motivation to get in on prostock gear?

Out of curiosity, I'd like to know too. These prices are a significant jump from retail prices.

I got a pair for $100 shipped. Not all of the pricing is absurd. I don't know how it compares to the newer behind the plastic stuff Reebok has on there because I've never tried or really even looked at a pair of those in person.

I loved Jofa shins for their fit. Everything felt less natural on my leg. The only thing I didn't like was the hyper-extension guard on the top of the shin potion, right below the knee. I started cutting that off my retail pairs and started hunting for a pro/European version, which is what I got a while back. It can be worth it, but I wouldn't personally have gotten the same pair if they were $200 or more. To some people, it's definitely worth it.

I play men's elite level rec hockey. My motivation is I'm collector of pro stock gear and the only thing I don't own is shin pads. I like Prostock gear because I like to keep it old school and the simplicity of it no bells and whistle just a good basic pad. Where did you get your shins for $100?

Ebay. I had been watching for a pair for quite a while, then found one starting at $75 that no one else bid on. Every once in a while there's a deal like that. It may have helped that mine were 16". It looks like 14-15"'s go for a bit to a lot more.

I'm looking for 16" as well and looking for a 7k. I like the old school design of shin pads with out the hyperextension guard which is

Useless anyway in men's leagues. As a physical therapist your knee can hyperextend with the guard just as easily as without if your knee gets hit the right way. Hopefully a pair of 16" comes available on eBay soon or if anyone on this forum is willing to sell I'm interested.