Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zyzzbraaa

Mission Inhaler AC:1 Pants

I've had them for two seasons (two leagues per season) and love them. Just starting to get rips in the knees now, but it's not all the way through. I usually tear through pants like it's nobody's business but these things are great.

The strap for the shin pads is amazing too, I don't tape anymore.

Does anyone have any experience with these?

I just bought them NEW for around $90 shipped on eBay. I feel I got a good price I am excited to use them.

How did the Mission AC1 Pants end up working out? They are my favorite RH pants to date.

- Mission/Bauer Tom

How did the Mission AC1 Pants end up working out? They are my favorite RH pants to date.

- Mission/Bauer Tom

they worked very well although I have only used them once. I also dont have shin pads yet but I look forward to using the straps when I do get some.

I'd hope they hold up better than the Bauer XR pant. I had mine for 2 months and the Velcro for the TLC ripped and failed. Couldn't get them replaced but still wore them but taped the bottoms.

I'd hope they hold up better than the Bauer XR pant. I had mine for 2 months and the Velcro for the TLC ripped and failed. Couldn't get them replaced but still wore them but taped the bottoms.

Hey Tyler,

We've actually made adjustments to the new Bauer pants TLC tech. The latest TLC, featured on the X60R, is now lighter and more durable to keep this portion of the pant more technically sound.

The Mission Inhaler pants currently don't feature the TLC tech that you had an issue with on the Bauer pant line so if you do decide to try the Mission pant line, let me know if you prefer the Shin Sling Adjustment of the Tapered Leg Control?

-Mission/Bauer Tom

Hey Tyler,

We've actually made adjustments to the new Bauer pants TLC tech. The latest TLC, featured on the X60R, is now lighter and more durable to keep this portion of the pant more technically sound.

The Mission Inhaler pants currently don't feature the TLC tech that you had an issue with on the Bauer pant line so if you do decide to try the Mission pant line, let me know if you prefer the Shin Sling Adjustment of the Tapered Leg Control?

-Mission/Bauer Tom

Tom,

I have worn the AC1 in the past at a tourney and had no such issue with this adjustment system. The TLC worked great and looked just as good for a little bit but the Velcro gave out. I went on to still use them but taped them like normal hockey socks (Pat Lee style) and they worked pretty good until blocking a shot broke the waist buckle. They were a good pant and I liked the idea. I might prefer the TLC more because I like that look of having the legs on the pants no so baggy, USA looked great this year in IIHF wearing the new pant.

How does the sizing actually run? (I know what the guidelines say, but they are sometimes off by an inch or 2.) I am 6'2, 215 lbs, 38 inch waist. I am presently wearing XL CCM Crazy Light pants for ice, which fit perfectly except that I could use another 0.5 inches or so in length, but they are good enough lengthwise. For inline, I will be wearing the (XL) Mission Pro Compression girdle with 16' inch NXG shins tucked behind Axiom T10 skates, under these AC:1 pants. I am not sure if I should go with the L or XL for the AC:1 inline pants, as I am right on the border of the 2 sizes. As every1 in this forum likely knows by now (except Tom), I am in SE Asia with no LHS in sight. So, trying things on is not an option, but getting recommendations through these channels has done me justice in getting set up.

- Mission/Bauer Tom

I am 6'2 250 and wearing a Large over a mission thorax girdle (yeah, my weight is all in my upper body and my legs, not as much around the waist). Fits great, albeit a tiny bit short.

These pants are amazing btw. have lasted me 35+games and I'm notorious for ripping pants. I haven't even made it through to the shinguard yet, and i play on polyurethane sealed wood which tends to rip pants very quickly. Not to mention I play solo defense (4 forwards and me) so i'm constantly sliding and laying out to block passes and shots. I'm going to buy a second pair before these get discontinued so that I have pants for years.