Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cosmic

Roller hockey pants with nice padding around where the girdle should be

I am a big guy (6'2, 225 lbs), and I sweat like a faucet. On ice, I am in mostly CCL CL stuff, and still sweat buckets. I got all the base layer that is supposed to be the best and all, top tier gear with all the great liners, and I still sweat like mad. One nice thing I am noticing is that certain pieces of gear are not getting soaked (Re-AKT helmet, CL shouldies/elbows and NXG shins). My base layers stuff is always drenched, as are my CL pants & APX gloves, but those specific items seem to be staying dry, so I expect them to last.

I love the game, so I just deal with it, and do not really care. I notice the sweat, because I am always toweling off, but it does not bother me, as much as my constantly being winded does, because we are short on players usually (which I like, as I love the exercise). I think I may be gross out some of the guys I play with (I always dry heave/ cough up phlegm between each shift, from all the pestilence/unbreathable air that I breathe in daily too, which is quite the spectacle).

Anyway, all of this background info aside; for inline, I am planning on wearing these pretty well padded Shock Doctor pants as my girdle:

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Shock_Doc_Shockskin_Hockey_Impact_Jock_Pant_Sr/descpage-SDSIP.html

And then I am hoping to find a nice pair of inline pants, which are padded similarly to how the new NXG girdle shells are padded,

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=BT1NS

to be able to give me a nice, thin layer of double protection from pucks and sticks. I only need the padding to cover above the knee, as I will be wearing my tank NXG shins over my lower leg. (I am considering wearing the Shock Doctor padded pants underneath, and then this shell over top, with NXG shins exposed/naked. I realize it will look really funny, and may not fly for tournaments, but this combo may be ideal for just practices/ open hockey. And with all the sweating I do, and dry heaving of phlegm, I think that "looking cool" is damn near impossible anyway lol.

I realize that I could go with a more traditional inline girdle, but I understand they rip apart easily, which I expect to be the case when I sweat into them and put the forces on them that I apply. And it is so hot out here, like 90 degrees with humidity for inline, so I would like to keep as much air flow on my trunk as possible, which my CL pants do not offer. All other gear ought to translate fine to inline.

I am by no means a great player or anything, I am just big and I work out alot, so I will strain the gear. Anyone have any suggestions? I am open to all suggestions, in addition to padded pants (including a potential girdle that won't get torn up):

I have electrolyte pills on the way that sickwilly recommended. I think they ought to be here within the next month or so, to address the nutrient replacement issue that is being created.

The roller covers don't provide protection, they are more of less the inline version of "socks". They have heavy duty knees for protection against falls and getting rips but blocking shots or slashes are protected by whatever you wear underneath. I only wear a bauer compression short with cup (no leg protection) and my inline pants. I have noticed more and more players going to this set up rather than the girdle.

I have an Easton compression that has some pading on the hips and spine area but nothing significant. My old ass mission pants seem to have some padding in the same areas but I think it's more to keep the pants rigid there so the vents they ha e don't collapse.

Besides that it's just shins elbows and a helmet, very light setup. I'm also hoping one day they make a padded shirt that fits a bigger frame but with roller I doubt it.

I decided to just go with the Shock Doctor Shockskin padded compression shorts. Sounds like they will be enough for me. Thanks Tyler and Soul

Besides that it's just shins elbows and a helmet, very light setup. I'm also hoping one day they make a padded shirt that fits a bigger frame but with roller I doubt it.

I just made a thread about something that may work for ya:

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/topic/64387-troy-lee-padded-shirt/

Looks good though it seems to be a bit much. And the price isnt so attractive.

The price is steep, but I will use for ice as well underneath my pants, and thus get my money's worth out of them, especially if they are as durable as they seem. I like the fit. I tend to think these pants will be not quite enough for inline, but we will see.