Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guitarfreek92

skate quality

alright so i start playing minor in dec but im a lil worried about my skate not being able to hold up to that level of play. i have xr4 and ive had them about a year. im like 215 so im not a ton of weight but still pretty big. and from what ive been told games will be like 2- 4 a day possibly back to back days. so should this hold up or look into either a higher level roller boot or converting a higher level ice boot

Play with them as is and see how they hold up. Look at them before and after each game in all the wear areas and especially make sure the chassis isn't seperating or that the bottoms sent coming apart as those are common once a skate starts to break down.

Even a week or two in if you feel like the skate isn't performing well than you can get new skates and use them as back ups.

If you're using Bauers now and will stick with them no need to do the conversion. The boots between ice and inline are very similar and it will be extra work and money down the drain. Stay away from Reebok, they break apart extremely fast, I would be weary of ccm as well.

Depends which Bauers. I tried converting Vapors only to find out the heel is too narrow and they killed my feet. Picked up some Supremes and it a big difference for my foot. No more heel pain. The Vapor line (which is what the inline stuff is) has a tapered fit that is narrow and more V shaped at the heel.

I have worn Alklai for the past 2 years and recently switched to apx2r, that was one of the best choices I have made in a while. I couldn't turn the apx2r skates down(thanks bauer) and notice a huge difference coming from my rpd skates. Mine lost the shape in the heel and were a task to wear the last few months. Those xr4 skates are on sale right now(Pure Hockey) for $149.00, really cant beat that. So if you wanted to get a new set of those for the season that might be your best choice. If you are looking to upgrade it might be as simple as going to the xr5, quite a few guys I play with have those and love them. Were you looking to change skates or stay with the same fit?

GuitarFreek,

If there are any specific questions you have on Alkali Skates, I would be happy to help. The build quality of our boots is great, and if you look around this site you will see the positive feedback. Also, if you ever have any issues with our skates, we will help you out. One of the benefits of being a small company is we can address each individuals needs on a more personal level.

GuitarFreek,

If there are any specific questions you have on Alkali Skates, I would be happy to help. The build quality of our boots is great, and if you look around this site you will see the positive feedback. Also, if you ever have any issues with our skates, we will help you out. One of the benefits of being a small company is we can address each individuals needs on a more personal level.

hey id be interested in giving it a shot but no local dealers around me

Pure Hockey
973-287-6720
343 Route 46 Fairfield, NJ 07004

Agility Sports
908-258-7228
2810 Morris Ave Suite 301 Union, NJ 07083

Hockey Giant Superstore
856-324-6617
2100 Route 38, Suite 6 Cherry Hill, NJ 08002

Ocean Ice Palace
704-239-5861