Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guitarfreek92

slideing?

so ive noticed that i have alot of slide when i go to stop which i don't like. lil background im about 210 and i skate 76a hardness wheels. yes i do skate hard but i just can seem to figure out what the problem is. is this something i just have to deal with?

I'll second what was said above. The rink I play on ranges from pretty dusty to really dusty. When I was the same weight I'd still find myself sliding around on stops and turns even when using 74a wheels. I've played at another location with the exact same flooring but it was kept really clean and had absolutely no grip problems.

well i play at a couple of places and i do notice that the cleaner the floor the less i slide but i still slide and i notice when i go to a 74a how my speed is affected. and as for the wheels ive had the most recent ones about four skates now so they are pretty new.

Different floors play differently. Having played on tons of rinks (ice court/ sport court and even wood floor) I can tell you that every rink plays different. That being said I notice when I have to make a desperate stop and turn my skates more I slide. Stopping should be more upright compared to ice. You said you skate hard, I don't know if that means maybe a harder that you need to but maybe try stopping a little more upright. Or look into new wheels if you have had them for a while.

*IMO*

It's more then likely the surface. The sport court I play on is pretty dirty and with 74a's I still slide a lot. Either constantly keep cleaning your wheels through game/practice, or adjust stopping/turning accordingly. When its the surface, there is not really much to do.