Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

syinx

Inline Skates Help?

I'm looking to get into inline skates just to get some skating exercise between ice hockey games as well as to travel from point to point.

Right now I am in Easton Mako skates, size 4.5 (small feet :D). I have previously fit well in Bauer Supreme One.9 Ice Hockey Skates.

I am looking at three options right now:

Mission Inhaler AC7

Bauer Vapor X40R

Or, alternatively, buy a chassis to turn my old Makos/One.9 Skates into Inline Skates.

My questions are - between the Mission and Vapor Skates, how does the fit between the two compare, and which would fit my foot shape best? I've heard the Mission skates are quite a wide boot.

Secondly, if I went out and bought a chassis, what size would I need if I wanted to convert my size 4.5 skates into inline skates?

Mission follows Supreme fit. It'll be more cost effective to get a low-end inline skate rather than convert your ice boots unless you intend to use them for a while.

I agree with aireaye. I wouldn't convert your ice boots at this point. It wouldn't be very cost efficient, you would have to buy frames/wheels/bearings/install. It adds up quick. I found that the inhaler series ran slightly wider than the past T series. Nothing major but I noticed it with the lacing pattern. If you like your supremes I would go for the mission.

Im not sure of anyone else noticed this ...but the ac5 and 7 have a similar shaper boot to thr bauer vapour rollers...im not sure if its just me or the pics...ie look at the instep. Whereas the other ac range seem more "mission"