Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

releap

RinkRat MB816 wheel issue.

I bought Rink Rat Wheel (MB816) for micro bearing on ebay.

As i know MB816 is old model maybe it released 2010..

Anyway, Recently i just only skated 4~5times . I found Hub of wheel is cracking.

A wheel are gone while playing league and other 7 wheels are cracking partially. (i used 16 wheels for 2 skates)

It looks that MB816 Hub has defect.

so I asked Rinkrat warrnty team for service,

They said "We cannot replace these wheels because we do not make them anymore and don’t have any in stock" .

just refer.. don't buy old wheels on eby........

Nothing wrong with new, older wheels.

That model run just happened to have a lot of QC issues

I went through like seven or 8 sets of them back in the day.

The orange ones that came on my Wicked lights were awesome though.

Somewhere in one of the threads in this forum you will even find a Rink Rat agent admitting to how bad that model was when I asked about them. I got them on a Rbk 9k boot and they only lasted me 2 or 3 games before they started to fall apart.

Unfortunately, this was one of the rare cases we had to deny a warranty claim and we are sorry that we couldn't do more. We discontinued the MB816 model in May 2010 and the last time they were sold to a retailer was November of that year as a no-warranty item.

While we do offer a 30 day warranty on our wheels, we can only honor warranty claims when the product was purchased through one of our retail partners (our website has a complete list of our dealers and distributors). Private sellers on ebay are not considered valid retailers therefore no warranty coverage can be granted. For future reference, before you purchase from ebay contact the seller and make sure they are a valid dealer and have a current account setup with Rink Rat. That way if something does go wrong, you'll be covered by our warranty.

Again, we apologize we couldn't do more to help you and we hope this does not effect your confidence and support of our brand.

Thanks

Nick

RInk Rat

Unfortunately, this was one of the rare cases we had to deny a warranty claim and we are sorry that we couldn't do more. We discontinued the MB816 model in May 2010 and the last time they were sold to a retailer was November of that year as a no-warranty item.

While we do offer a 30 day warranty on our wheels, we can only honor warranty claims when the product was purchased through one of our retail partners (our website has a complete list of our dealers and distributors). Private sellers on ebay are not considered valid retailers therefore no warranty coverage can be granted. For future reference, before you purchase from ebay contact the seller and make sure they are a valid dealer and have a current account setup with Rink Rat. That way if something does go wrong, you'll be covered by our warranty.

Again, we apologize we couldn't do more to help you and we hope this does not effect your confidence and support of our brand.

Thanks

Nick

RInk Rat

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using RinkRat from First HotShot Model. Really impressed your product than other manufacturer.

But MB816 product is really terrible product.

I had never seen that hub is cracked before MB816.

So, i just like to check about warranty service.