Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chrispee6

Repairing Glove Palms

Hmmm, two years later and my inline gloves I've used the palmskinz (see post from Feb 2015 above) on still are going strong (granted, inline 3x a week only during 3 month off-season). Easton S19 gloves.

Also added them to a set of Nexus 800 about a year ago, again no issues there.

@Marka: how big an "overlap" did you leave for the glue to hold on to? And did you dry the gloves before?

Howdy,

Gloves were very dry.  I left them in from of the forced air heating vent before application just to ensure that.

All of the edges that have pulled up weren't on holes.  The one that pulled off the most was covering a penny sized hole at the base of my index finger, and I'd guess that the palmskinz had maybe 1/4" to 1/2" of good palm leather from the hole to the closest edge of the palm skinz?

Like I said, YMMV but I'd not waste my money/time again.

Mark

I bought a single order of PalmSkinz last month to repair my the palm of my top hand glove. I cut the piece to cover most of the palm, and none of the finger areas. Followed the instructions and 4 shinnies later, they're very good so far. A very effective and inexpensive way to repair a single palm on my favourite gloves.