Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eastside

Wheels Rattle on skates

Hi All just wondering if anyone has had this issue, I recently purchased a pair of Tour 750 skates recently, good skates but out of the box, the wheels rattle like anything in particular on the right skate. Question is this normal? I've tightened up the bolts on the Hummer frame as much as i can but being a really beefy chassis it can only tighten so much.

We also tried two sets of bearings thinking it was the bearings and again the same rattle - can physically move the wheel side to side with my hand. The bevo abec9 bearings are brand new so should have any problems, has anyone else had this problem or can suggest a solution? - do i have to try tighten even more, Any thoughts would be appreciated

Or lack there of, that indeed is usually what will cause rattling..plus i tend to overlook them accidentally sometimes so maybe you are as well.

Checked the center spacers and they are the cylindrical type that move in the wheel (so you have to align them when you put the bolt in) tightening should resolve this so that they're not loose? The chassis is a threaded type (no endnut) and can only tighten it so far, but am still getting that side to side play in the wheel. My thought is that the chassis might be slightly off - although being cnc cut you wouldnt think so? could anyone back me up on that