Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tonguesOUT4life

height on ice skates vs height on roller

Hey beauties just a question here that's been driving me crazy..

Planning on working on the shot this offseason at the outdoor rink on roller since ice will be hard to find. Just want to be alone out there working on the shot technique..When I'm working on the shot with my shoes on I take the extension out and put it back in whenever I go back on the ice.. I'm wondering if we are the same height on roller to when we're on the ice in ice skates? How much height difference between the two?

It really depends on what your setup is. I'm running LS Edge/LS4 on ice right now and a Hi-Lo 76/80 chassis with Labeda Gripper wheels for roller. Depending on which part of the boot you are comparing heights with, there is a difference of ~4-10mm.

I don't think the height difference will cause you much trouble with shooting. I play both roller and ice during the summer and I'm fine. I notice the most significant difference between the rockers of the two skates.

Perhaps this is not straight answering for your question though,

I often do the shooting practice on the floor too. But I don't use roller skates. Because it's troublesome and too hot. It's a good point that we can do shooting practice without hesitation. So putting on the roller skates is little troublesome. And your story has been begun from beginning of melting ice term! Wanna shoot with sandal...

I've made a "on floor stick" for shooting practice. It's 39mm shorter than the stick which I've been using on the ice. This num is just my feeling. I decided the number with testing many times. Usually I use shooting floor everyday and 1or2 days in a week I play hockey on the ice. So I notice the difference if something not good for me.

Hey bud.. Most people wouldn't care or feel there's much of a difference but I have that paranoid kind of thinking and it hinders my confidence so I wouldn't be confident in my shot. My mind plays tricks on me it's almost like a superstition. I'm planning on buying 3 sets of extensions one for ice one for roller and one for just shoes. Going to label them all. Don't want to be searching for excuses when things don't go my way.

Most people wouldn't care or feel there's much of a difference but I have that paranoid kind of thinking and it hinders my confidence so I wouldn't be confident in my shot.

I agree with you. I'm very sensitive and often notice such slightly difference of the sticks. If the feeling was different with icetime, it would be waste even if practiced hard on the floor.

As you already thinking, I think the most important thing for this issue is to create almost the same angle to the floor or ice. A period of time I had been trying to create the same height when I skate on the ice but it didn't work well for me.