Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PeteyPOP

Bauers New Skate Eyelets for MX3's and 1X's - Good? Bad?

14 hours ago, start_today said:

The cynic in me thinks that having an integral part of an $800 skate that breaks after 2 years, forcing you to buy a new pair, means that they've totally perfected it...

Kind of like selling the skate with aluminum alloy steel that needs to be replaced almost immediately upon purchase, but you can only buy new runners from that company. 

I was looking at the new 1N skate at HG and was not impressed with the eyelets. Where the injected lacing system met the boot towards the toe cap, the stitching wasn't finished off. If you caught a skate or stick blade on it  I'm guessing if would have pulled apart. Not what I would want to see in $950 wheels.

I haven't got an eyelet broke yet and they are more durable to me than the regular eyelets. I usually have a problem with eyelets breaking and getting them repaired but am enjoying the injected lacing system.

i also noticed my laces last longer as well but maybe it was because sometimes an eyelet would crack and would rip the laces.