Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Martis

2015 ABS Blades [Bauer PM9 / Warrior W01 / Easton P4 Modano/Forsberg/Zetterberg/Cammalleri]

I have a really hard time finding any better ABS blade with my favorite curve:

Bauer PM9 / Warrior W01 / Easton P4 Modano/Forsberg/Zetterberg/Cammalleri

Seems like all 2015 ABS blades come in Sakic or Ovechkin like cures.

I bought 3 Twigz ABS blades (TM9 curve) ... but I am in doubt of their durabilty.

Is there no high-quality ABS blade with that curve out there? We play ball hockey on a very rough surface.

Funny you should mention this. I just picked up an old Easton Zetterberg ABS blade from Dick's yesterday that was sitting there for 4 years! Been unable to find anything else. Doesn't look like anyone is making all this specific blade pattern in ABS anymore. Barely anyone even making ABS blades either. I asked a few retailers and they don't have any. Looks like Twigz might be the only option. Didn't realize TM9 was equivalent to Zetterberg/PM9/P4, so I'm glad there's at least 1 option.

I play ice and ball hockey so I'm ALWAYS in search for good ABS blades.

When Sherwood introduced the new T20 ABS blade, I fell in love instantly. I don't mind the PP26 pattern at all and they were built extremely well with lots of paddle for the buck. Problem is they did an overhaul on them and now they made the blades much smaller at the heel & it doesn't seem worth the price.

I too gave in and bought a three pack of the Twigs (P92) blades. I don't see how they can be that bade for $13 a pop with the coupon or discount. I've also come to the conclusion that if they're remotely good & can give me a months worth of games / scrimmages, I'm going to just buy as many as I can. I'm sick of finding a blade that's nice and POOF, they are discontinued or sold out.

The Frontier are nice, but I wear they wear down on concrete & asphalt very fast.

Has anyone tried the Graf, Alkali or the new Bauer ABS blade?

I have been sticking to the Sherwood T20 as well. I've also had luck with the Reebok 10k blades. Both had good construction, and would last as the blade wore through the wood in the hosel.

I bought a few Heritage 1090 blades for really cheap, and they were junk. The blades broke apart way too easily (less than four games).

Not sure about the other brands mentioned, but I'll give them a shot.

I have a really hard time finding any better ABS blade with my favorite curve:

Bauer PM9 / Warrior W01 / Easton P4 Modano/Forsberg/Zetterberg/Cammalleri

Seems like all 2015 ABS blades come in Sakic or Ovechkin like cures.

I bought 3 Twigz ABS blades (TM9 curve) ... but I am in doubt of their durabilty.

Is there no high-quality ABS blade with that curve out there? We play ball hockey on a very rough surface.

I too love the Bauer PM9 (Stamkos) pattern and struggled to find a similar ABS blade. Then I came across Frontier blades on HockeyMonkey.... their Euro #6 pattern isn't exactly the same as the Bauer PM9, but it's darn close.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/frontier-hockey-replacement-blade-f-blue-standard-sr.html

I just got an ABS blade from a company called Twigz, T92 (looks like P92 clone). Only used it for one game so far, but it seems like it will hold up fine. Was only $16 bucks.

Currently using a Fischer FX4 which is available in loads of curve options here in Europe, don't know if all of them are available in NA. Pretty decent blade, used it the entire season so far on rough outdoor rinks, and only 17€ (including 20% sales tax).

I just received a Twigz blade and compared it to a Frontier X-over blade. The Twigz is about half the thickness of the Frontier at the heel so I don't expect these to last as long or be as durable, but I guess we'll see when I start using it.

My review of the Twigz blade is simple: The heel was nonexistent & then I used it twice. Now, my heel is definitely non-existent. What an awful product.

I've been told that the Graf ABS blade I legit but I can't find it for Sr. RH.

I just received a Twigz blade and compared it to a Frontier X-over blade. The Twigz is about half the thickness of the Frontier at the heel so I don't expect these to last as long or be as durable, but I guess we'll see when I start using it.

This is spot on in regards to the heel. It won't last long.

Currently using a Fischer FX4 which is available in loads of curve options here in Europe, don't know if all of them are available in NA. Pretty decent blade, used it the entire season so far on rough outdoor rinks, and only 17€ (including 20% sales tax).

Looking at the website & I love that #4 pattern and all of the ABS blades they over. It appears though I can't find them online to purchase.