Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

futurayellow

Skate options

Hi all

I just wanted to know what your thoughts are on my future skate options.

Within the last few years I've spent too much money on skates and never get what i want.

Growing up i had;

bauer chargers, ccm but not tacks, daoust skates which I loved but grew outta them and then they got stollen,

ccm tacks which had a nice feel but were a touch too big and again stollen.
When i started playing hockey again in 2003 ish
I got bauer supreme 2090 which feel nice but again 1/2 size too big a 288 runner
one 90 proper size with 280 runner were fun to skate in good feel but not comfy in some spots
easton s9 fun to skate in liked the way the skate locks the ankle but again a touch too big and a 288 runner
x60 (2012) proper size and 280 runner no pain good to skate in but i feel like im wearing heels when i play and the thin tongue give the skate a lil empty space and my ankle is not as locked in as the eastons or the one 90s
reebok 7k (2011) the skates felt great in the store, didnt feel like i had on heels, very comfy no pain a pleasure to skate in, felt nice and flat, but again ended up buying 9.5E with 288 runner they would have been perfect in a 9D with a 280 runner
in the end i realize 288 runners feel like i hav my feet in cement blocks
280 feels right
and i prefer feeling flat in my skates not pushed forward
now lately i tried on the new vapours doesnt lock heel
i tried all the new ccm line up nothing too convincing
i never tried the nexus as the infos ae that they are a wide fit (i should and i will try them)
i tried the bauer supereme 190s and they feel good in the store, flat , but flexible, comfy , heels locked in place, no empty spaces
but now since im tired of having skates feel comfy in the store and not so much on the ice the question is
what to do
new skates
or
do i try to modify my x60s? new fat tongue? profiled blades?
can i modify the skates so that i dont feel like im on heels?
what or your thoughts on this?

Like Optimus said, the response you're going to get is for you to just get the skates that fit best on your feet. The pitch (feeling flat on your feet/pitched forward) can be altered with a profiling, the holder size can be swapped out, etc.

Pop into a store, figure out what feels comfortable and fits best on your foot (make sure you get the correct length/width and don't pick up a skate in the wrong size because of a sale or something), then work with the pro shop to get the correct profiling, sharpening, holder size/brand/model, whatever. If you like one brand's holders but fit in another brand's boot, then get them swapped out. Tweak til you're happy.

Or just go the custom route and get a pair of VHs or something.