Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bulletproof_funk

RapidShot target practice

I was watching Discovery Channel (Canada) tonight and they showed a segment on this RapidShot system. For those who haven't seen it, it's basically a dry land, computerized passing/shooting lane that can track your stats and "world rankings" if you're in it for the competition. It has a variable speed passing machine, tracks things like accuracy, reaction time, shot speed, and prints your stats out after. It looks pretty sophisticated.

http://www.rapidshot.ca/

There's a shooting lane using RapidShot opening up next month in my city. I'm curious to see how good it will be as an off-ice training device. I'm already thinking the extra gadgetry's excessive and just pucks'n sticks would be good enough, but we'll see.

This is the site for the coming-soon Ottawa place: http://www.hotshotshockeycenter.ca/

If anyone else saw this (it'll repeat later tonight @ 11p I think), I'm curious what you think of it.

I saw that a little while ago. I thought that seemed pretty high tech for something that was a pretty simple idea. It's definately pretty sophisticated I would go to it if one opened up in my area. I think it would be pretty hard to get a spot to shoot though it would prabably be pretty popular around here.

His booth was one aisle over from Sande. It looked like a nice training system. I don't think I ever got a chance to shoot, there was always someone in line.

Price would be a concern for most people. I'm not sure how many people would want to pay to have their stats logged. Me, all I want to see is my shot speed and to work on my accuracy. The facility here is proposing $10 CDN for 15 minutes (for non-members).

Guest phillyfan
Wasn't it like $15k per lane or something like that?

15G's for a one times use!? Or for the actual machine or whatever it is for private use at a rink?

15G's for a one times use!? Or for the actual machine or whatever it is for private use at a rink?

Are you serious?

Guest phillyfan

Are you serious?

I didn't, and still don;t have the time to read everything on the link presented. From what I've read from the members who already posted, the "thing" sounded like it had a lot of options and was quite technical, if it had a world ranking system, ect., $15K would sound logical, maybe as a years' use or whatnot, but yes, I was part serious.

Are you serious?

I didn't, and still don;t have the time to read everything on the link presented. From what I've read from the members who already posted, the "thing" sounded like it had a lot of options and was quite technical, if it had a world ranking system, ect., $15K would sound logical, maybe as a years' use or whatnot, but yes, I was part serious.

If you're not going to take the time to read things, don't take the time to post either.

Guest phillyfan

I just don't click on a thread, hit reply, and explain random things, I actually do read threads, I know, it's hard for some people to take in. But, I did skim through the home page, not all of the pages on the site. Whenever a link with information such as that is posted, I always make a note of it, usually add it to my favorites, and check back when I have that sort of free-time.

You seem to have problems grasping simple concepts that the other members pick up on very easily. This isn't the first time you've asked a really dumb question, and I don't say things like that often.