Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rawkstar

Shin pad knee caps keep cracking

Hey all, so my reebok 9k knee cap cracked recently. I've never had this issue growing up, but now I've gone through 3 pairs of shin pads in the last 5 years. I guess its not an awful lot, but its still kind of annoying. I've tried Vapors (kind of higherendish about 5 years ago) those cracked, then supreme one95's, those cracked in both knees, then I picked up reebok 9ks and those have been awesome, but now those cracked too. Every single one has cracked in the middle, on the top of the knee cap.

So just wondering if anyone has had this before and if anyone can recommend some shin pads with durable kneecaps?

If it keeps happening with different shin pads then perhaps it is something off ice that is causing the cracking. Do you put your shin pads at the bottom of your bag? Repeated dropping of the bag onto a concrete floor could easily cause a split in the knee cap.

Yeah totally could be something like that. I do put them kind of at the bottom of the bag, my gear is not too heavy though and there's usually some stuff between the shin pad and the floor (spare jerseys/socks, random stuff) so I'm not sure if thats causing it, but it totally could be.

had this happen to me before - i think its when the shinpad slides down and your knee presses on the top of the kneecap plastic causing it to crack

for me i went up from 14s to 15s and it solved my problem, they may not feel like they are sliding down or being worn low but thats what happened to me

Guy I skate with just gave me three pairs of Reebok and Jofa shin guards to repair all with cracks on the top of the right knee cap.

TeamHonda and dirtysouth raise 2 great points. I would first verify that the shins fit properly and don't rotate much when your socks/skate/tape is all on. Secondly, consider putting your shins in your pants, which is what I do. Saves some space in the bag as well.

All of these fit great length wise and were always on snugly without moving around. I'll try putting them on top of the bag instead of the bottom, maybe also check out rbz or easton shins, they seem to have different shaped knee caps from the ones I've tried before.

Guy I skate with just gave me three pairs of Reebok and Jofa shin guards to repair all with cracks on the top of the right knee cap.

hey, Monty. so, the caps can be repaired then? I have a pair of reebok 8k that has one of the knee caps cracked. it cracked at the bottom. how do you repair it? I stitched it at the bottom and used a light dab of guerrilla glue. not sure if it'll hold up...