Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wrangler

Chicago Blackhawks 2015-16

Late last night, the Blackhawks traded Trevor Daley to the Penguins for Rob Scuderi. Media reports have the Penguins retaining 1/3 of Scuderi's cap hit, and taking all of Daley's, giving the Blackhawks additional cap space of a bit over a million.

I liked Daley, and am not that familiar with Scuderi. I'm thinking the value of this trade to the Blackhawks will be what Bowman can do with the cap space. I'm curious to see which defensemen will be on the road between Chicago and Rockford.

Daley has not been a good fit with the Hawks from day one. The Hawks took him back as part of the Sharp trade to clear cap room for Dallas. At this point, the trade was Sharp and Johns (top D prospect) for Garbut, Scuderi and a little cap relief. Pretty bad deal all the way around for Bowman. I believe that Scuderi's deal ends after this year and saves them a year compared to the Daley contract too. I think Scuderi and Roszival will alternate in the number 6 and 7 roles in order to keep them healthy and fresh for the playoffs.

As a 5 and 6, it's not the worst pair in the world. Rundblad isn't bad, he just needs to play at the NHL level to get comfortable. Giving guys spot starts and limited minutes doesn't help them at all.

I don't think they have had the same six on the blue line for more than two games in a row over the last month or so.