Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nyanad

Looking for a new stick

Is there any stick on the market that:

- is in the 55-65 flex range

- has very little to no grip on it (!!)

- is 53'' to 54'' long

- doesn't break the bank

Anything softer seems too whippy/is too short. Anything more seems too hard. I like to cut my sticks below the chin and absolutely hate anything grippy.

I'm 62kg/170cm

Most of the sticks i can find are either way too tacky or would become too hard after cuting down (65 flex ones, 57'') I borrowed a 60 flex 30k Ribcor from a friend and it seemed almost perfect, except for the shaft being super sticky. Would buying the 30K and getting somehow rid of the grip be an option or i would just destroy a new stick? Any other solutions?

There's a few ways to remove grip from a stick, but the two most popular seem to be either using sandpaper or spraying it with clear coat.

I just got a Sherwood Rekker ek40 which was $75 after online discount.

It's an intermediate 55 flex and though it's a "grip" stick, the grip is rather mild. The shaft actually has a glossy appearance the grip is not sticky at all, just a very mild tackyness.

It's 57" but comes with a 4" flex free zone where you can cut and not affect the stick flex.

I've used it for a few games so far and it's held up well and performed well for the price point.

And an added bonus I liked was it comes in the e28 pattern.