Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

syinx

Baking Converted Mako Skates

Hey guys,

A friend of mine just picked up a pair of converted Mako skates with a Hi-Lo Chassis on them.  From what the seller said, the chassis was ripped off an X50R skate, wheels and all, and put on the Mako skate.

She'll evidently need to re-bake the skates to fit her foot.  We were wondering, since the Mako takes 10 minutes to bake, would it be safe to bake with the wheels and chassis on, or will we need to remove everything and throw the Mako skates in with just the chassis attached?

Thanks in advance.

Just don't go paying after you bake the skates and you will be fine.  I wasn't a fan of the Mako skates. Not sure how well they will hold converted. 

My converted pair of original Makos has held up quite well after around a year of use (fairly heavy use between reffing and playing). There are plenty of scuffs on the plastic toe box, but other than that the boots are in excellent shape.