Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JCon

Greenville, SC

Hey!

I'm going to be staying in Greenville, South Carolina for two months starting in May.  I play mostly roller/inline hockey at, what I guess you could call, an advanced beer league haha. 

I also play ice hockey sparingly but at a lower level. Basically I'm just looking for a place to play and keep me occupied in my spare time.

Does anyone know of where to play some hockey while I'm staying there?

Thanks!

If you can find me a job in the Upstate, i'll do what ever it takes to get a league started ;D

are you going to be right IN G'Ville or the general upstate area? 

looks like you should be calling the Pavilion.

http://greenvillerec.com/ice-hockey/

GO ROAD WARRIORS!!  err, i mean Go Swamp Rabbits!  as you can see, i've been eyeing the area for a while now, and following the local teams when i can ;)

Are you doing some "Wind and/or Solar" work down there???

Hey! Thanks for your reply! I've been slow on checking back here for a response, sorry about that!

As far as I know I'll be outside the city but relatively close. I'll be there training a class of new hires, I wish it was something as interesting as wind or solar but it's for medical claims.

I've been struggling to find out much about hockey in the area other than the Swamp Rabbits haha. I'll check out the Pavilion though. 

I'm also willing to travel 30 minutes or so for hockey, I travel 25 now so it's no big deal to make the hike to fulfill the desire :D

Thanks and let me know if find out anything else!

Hello. I have been playing at the pavilion for 5 years now and it is the only rink within a 90 mile radius. The ice was down since last June and just opened a week ago.  Unfortunately they just started a beer league Sunday which will last until August and do not allow any new sign ups once the league starts. They do have a number of stick times and pickup games available. There are a lot of transplants from all over the place here and everyone is friendly for the most part. The best pickup is usually on Friday 1:15. 

Hope to see you out there. It is a great place to spend a hot summer which lasts until October around here. 

That's great information as well. Looks like I might be limited to pickup but that's better than nothing! Thanks for the help!

Hi. As others have mentioned the beer league sign ups for the ice hockey leagues have just finished.

You can find a pdf of the monthly pick-up/stick times using this link. http://greenvillerec.com/ice-hockey/

The roller hockey rink doesn't currently have a league going but there's a guy who sets up pickup games usually on Friday's or Sunday's. There has also been an iron man tournament the last two weekends. Send me your number through PM if you would like me to add you to the pickup list.