Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

el infiltrado

About sizing

Hello guys, I'm Alvaro, from Spain.

I´m looking for a new skates, but here in Spain it´s practically impossible to try it before buy, so we need to buy online.

I have doubt with the size, specialy with the arch of my foot, because is more tall than a normal foot and I have some problems with the skates, recently I had to sell an Alkali Lite for these reason.

The lenght of the skate don't make problems to me, I've a small and narrow size, 24,5 cm (sorry, I have no idea in inches) , usually a 5,5 or 6, the matter is in the arch.

I´m looking for Bauer or Mission in a range of 200-250$, what do you recommended for me?

Thanks in advance and sorry if I make mistakes with the language.

I found the Alkali to be pretty shallow as well.  Nasty lace bite for me.  If the Bauers you are looking at are the Vapor series, you might find similar issues.  They tend to be a low volume and narrow fit.  The Mission skates are similar to a Supreme fit.  A bit more volume and width.  I'd probably try the Mission based on what you are saying.

On 4/24/2016 at 6:18 AM, el infiltrado said:

Hello guys, I'm Alvaro, from Spain.

I´m looking for a new skates, but here in Spain it´s practically impossible to try it before buy, so we need to buy online.

I have doubt with the size, specialy with the arch of my foot, because is more tall than a normal foot and I have some problems with the skates, recently I had to sell an Alkali Lite for these reason.

The lenght of the skate don't make problems to me, I've a small and narrow size, 24,5 cm (sorry, I have no idea in inches) , usually a 5,5 or 6, the matter is in the arch.

I´m looking for Bauer or Mission in a range of 200-250$, what do you recommended for me?

Thanks in advance and sorry if I make mistakes with the language.

At 24.5cm length foot puts you in the junior range for Bauer or Mission, I'd say size size 4.5 or 5 depending on how you like your fit (I'm 26cm long and a size 6 Mission / Bauer or 6.5 Alkali). The good news is that your money will buy a higher spec'd skate in comparison to the senior range, the bad news is the junior range often doesn't have as many models. 

By tall arch do you mean you have lace bite problems? If so there are other ways to cure this than buying a new skate. But if a new skate is what you are after also consider the CCM jetspeed range, they have more volume in them than Bauer or Mission and a narrower heel but they fit slightly differently so you may want to drop down half a size. Mission is designed for a slightly wider and taller foot than Bauer supreme line.

On 25/4/2016 at 2:29 PM, krisdrum said:

I found the Alkali to be pretty shallow as well.  Nasty lace bite for me.  If the Bauers you are looking at are the Vapor series, you might find similar issues.  They tend to be a low volume and narrow fit.  The Mission skates are similar to a Supreme fit.  A bit more volume and width.  I'd probably try the Mission based on what you are saying.

Yes, I look for the Vapor series, but a friend om mine will let me a Mission T8 to try these Thursday, in case that they fit me well, probably I will by a Mission D6.

18 hours ago, Vet88 said:

At 24.5cm length foot puts you in the junior range for Bauer or Mission, I'd say size size 4.5 or 5 depending on how you like your fit (I'm 26cm long and a size 6 Mission / Bauer or 6.5 Alkali). The good news is that your money will buy a higher spec'd skate in comparison to the senior range, the bad news is the junior range often doesn't have as many models. 

By tall arch do you mean you have lace bite problems? If so there are other ways to cure this than buying a new skate. But if a new skate is what you are after also consider the CCM jetspeed range, they have more volume in them than Bauer or Mission and a narrower heel but they fit slightly differently so you may want to drop down half a size. Mission is designed for a slightly wider and taller foot than Bauer supreme line.

I didn't nkew that my problem is called lace bit, but sound exactly like I feel, after a half hour my feet get sleep due to the pressure that the tonge apply on my arch, and it's impossible to skate than more an one hour continually.

Actually I havn't hockey skates, so I need a new one, my first choice is Mission, I didn't put CCM in my range, but now I will do.

Do yo say that CCM size is more than Mission size? I understand that I need a 5,5 of Bauer/Mission or a 5 in CCM, is right? As I say, in Spain is complicated find hockey skates, there arn't many models, brands or stock, usually we need to buy out of Spain, in Denmark, Uk, Finland... because the taxes that we pay buying in USA normally are bigger than the skate prize.

Thanks.

If you are a 5.5 in Bauer or Mission you will buy a 5 in CCM to get the same length fit. I would be looking at CCM over Mission as Mission is a wider fitting boot and you say you have narrow feet.

In inline the range in the junior sizes is quite limited for Bauer / Mission / CCM, at some stage you may want to think of buying a good ice boot and getting it converted.

And if lace bite remains an issue for you consider getting some lace extenders. I first used them on my apx2's and then on my Alkali Max +. I have always had lace bite and have worn forsberg pads for many years so that I could continue to skate, the lace extenders cured my lace bite and I can now buy a skate that fits my foot shape without having to worry about volume. If you want to make your own lace extenders for a few dollars I can show you how or you can buy them pre made from here: http://www.greatsaves.org/skate_lace_extenders.html

15 hours ago, Vet88 said:

And if lace bite remains an issue for you consider getting some lace extenders. I first used them on my apx2's and then on my Alkali Max +. I have always had lace bite and have worn forsberg pads for many years so that I could continue to skate, the lace extenders cured my lace bite and I can now buy a skate that fits my foot shape without having to worry about volume. If you want to make your own lace extenders for a few dollars I can show you how or you can buy them pre made from here: http://www.greatsaves.org/skate_lace_extenders.html

Vet88 - are you using the lace extenders at the top of the boot (as pictured in the link) or have you moved them down below the ankle to effectively add volume to cure your lacebite issues?

I am using them on the top 3 eyelets of the boot as pictured, this is the most common area for lacebite (the junction where the top of the foot meets the ankle). If you are getting numbness and pain further down the foot then there is no reason why the lace extenders can't be used over that area.