Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HockeyMania1

Choosing skates from 5 models - need your help

9 hours ago, Gummer12 said:

You're missing the main point of the problem.  The OP lives in Israel.  There's not a single hockey shop anywhere near him to go try anything on.  I've looked.  

I gathered the OP lived outside NA but I had no idea he was in Israel. That's a sizable sticking point.

21 hours ago, Stewie said:

There's no mid level custom skates that I know of, and not everyone can afford 1k on a pair of skates, especially since we're considering adding international shipping on top of that. It may just not be a good option for his/her financial situation. 

I get it.  I can't afford them even with Junior sized feet.  I was simply responding to the OP's statement that there are no places to try on custom in his country.  My understanding with custom is there is really no need to try them on, as they are being made to measure for your foot.  Obviously that is a HUGE investment for many of us.  I guess it is a matter of what your priorities are.  It sounds like the OP has a less than average foot shape (I can relate, I do as well).  Let's face it, for those of us on the fringes of the the normal curve of foot shapes, retail offerings can be a tough sell.  Hence, at least for me the disappointment of a place like Graf going under or Bauer buying Easton and doing away with the Mako.  For those who aren't a Vapor/Ribcor, Supreme/JetSpeed, or Nexus/Tack fit, there really aren't any other options right now in the pure retail market.  So at least for me, when it comes to needing a new boot, I'll be taking a hard look at the custom arena to get the fit I need, even if it means I need to save my pennies extra hard.