Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DRR

Need hosel dimensions for tapered blade

I cut down a OPS above the break point but I'd like to use it as a shaft, so I need a replacement blade.

It's a smaller opening than standard so I think a tapered replacement blade would work, but I am just looking for confirmation on my measurements.

My shaft opening size is 13.5mm x 26mm. From what I can tell from manufacturer specs, the 13.5mm measurement should be ok, if anything it would be a tad larger so I'd need to shim it a bit with a layer of tape or something. (Manufacturers list 0.52" which is 13.2mm) Looking at Warrior, True, Bauer replacement blades.

I mostly need confirmation on the 26mm number. Would that work too? I just want to check with you guys before I spend any money on a replacement blade.

IMG_6696.JPG

I'm measuring from an SE16 blade that I use as a template for hole size and it works with all tapered blades I have fitted up to apx2's, 26mm is correct. 

To add further confirmation. Here are the measurements of an APX2 tapered blade. 26.48mm and 13.15mm on this particular blade. Apologies for the poor picture quality.

Taper202.jpg

76709e39-6407-472c-9a63-8ed7649034de.jpg