Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bgspillz

Skate Question for feet with different widths

I'm running into a skate issue because  my feet are noticeably different widths but with similar lengths. Right now I'm wearing vapors in 7.5D. My left skates fits perfect, I can lace it up with zero fuss and it feels secure. My right foot is another story. I can never get my right skate to feel secure. Just never feels locked in with noticeable heel movement even when I crank down on the laces till my foot goes numb. I've always been messing with the lengths of my skates but never put much thought into the width. After doing some measuring I figured out my right foot would be better off in a C width then D. My question is besides going custom are there any retail skates that when molded could make up for this width issue? Thanks in advance.

Depends what skate you are in. If it is a high end model that is reasonably stiff you can heat the boot and clamp or push the boot under the ankle bone, this will move the sides of the boot inwards for you and give you a tighter fitting boot. If it is a heat moldable low to medium range boot you can still do this but it generally does not stick and after a few skates the boot starts to move out again. As mentioned previous post, stable26 socks or you could try ezyfit booties.

If you are willing to take the time and have some diy ability, get some closed cell neoprene or soft silicon gel sheet and make yourself some ankle donuts. You will have to cut the material to the shape of your foot and chamfer the sides and build some places up (generally the spaces under the ankle bone) to fill the necessary negative space. Downside to this approach is that you either have to tape them to your feet for each skate or glue them into the boot or to something like a bootie.