Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brandonthequick

CCM Ultra Tacks Skates sizing

Hello I currently wear a size 9 in supreme mx3 skates, I wear a size 11 shoe. I am wondering if anyone has tried both the mx3 and ccm ultra tacks and can compare the size and fit? Should I order a 9? Are they similar fitting boot?

Thank you. 

If you are a 9 in supremes then you should be looking at a 9 in ultra tacks.  There is a thread on this forum that has a ccm rep explaining this. 

But this is also dependent on how you like the fit of your skates, without been able to measure your foot and put you into the boot, the above can only be a guide.

EDIT - I made a mistake and gave the wrong size of 8.5, above now edited. For ultra and super you should be looking at a 9. Here is the thread where the ccm rep chimes in with sizings:

15 hours ago, brandonthequick said:

Hello I currently wear a size 9 in supreme mx3 skates, I wear a size 11 shoe. I am wondering if anyone has tried both the mx3 and ccm ultra tacks and can compare the size and fit? Should I order a 9? Are they similar fitting boot?

Thank you. 

I'm looking to jump out of the MX3s too. Really torn betweens VHs and super tacks. What's making you look at the ultras?

cheers

15 minutes ago, Amiroo39 said:

I'm looking to jump out of the MX3s too. Really torn betweens VHs and super tacks. What's making you look at the ultras?

cheers

I saw an interview somewhere that most pros like the ultra tacks compared to super tacks and the super tacks are actually are ultra tacks dressed. I don't know if it was true but yeah, they are cheaper also. 

I was in Bauer mx3 pro skates in size 9d and I am now in the current model ccm ultra tacks size 9d and in both skates my toes just touch the end. I wear a size 11 shoe. I like the fit of the ccm better as I feel a closer fit and with the Bauer injected lacing I did not feel a good wrap on the forefoot.