Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Super Tacks gloves

First off, big thanks to ccm, jr, and MSH for letting me review these.

About me:

D league forward and play defense in our lower league. 

Similar gloves used recently,

surgeon 500

qrl

1x pro

coverts

First impressions: the first thing I noticed when I opened the package is that they're a bit lighter than the qrls I'm currently using and they do fit a bit tighter IMO in the hand and fingers.

Looks: I'll be honest I'm guilty of usually overlooking ccm gloves when picking up a new pair. Personally they haven't had any recently that I was really looking forward to compared to warrior or Bauer. I will say I much prefer the look of these to the ultra tacks. I think they're a good looking glove without having too much going on.

EC3128FD-080E-4ACD-A4F6-1A859471EFF4_zps

2001ACF3-492E-4911-866B-AA5ABA6091FD_zps

73723886-A25F-45A8-ACC4-376A1FB9BF6A_zpsProtection: I've only been able to use these in 1 game but I've taken a couple light whacks and didn't feel a thing. They have the typical plastic inserts as well as the d30 material.

Performance: despite only having limited time with these so far I've come away rather impressed with these gloves,I'm becoming a big fan of the cuff in particular. It's a 3 piece segmented cuff and it really does allow for a full range of movement in any direction while still offering decent wrist protection. Their clarino palm offers great feel for the stock and therefore the puck and the double overlay in the high wear areas will surely be a plus. The liners are polygiene which I'm a big fan of. My gloves were absolutely soaked after my game by the next morning they were dry as a bone with zero smell. 

I've had a few more games in these and they continue to impress. They have opened up a little in the backhand area with said use. The wrist mobility is still fantastic, and I've taken a couple light whacks to the hands and felt nothing. 

Quick update, I've been able to use these a couple more times. Still very happy with the mobility and protection. I took a shot to the index finger right where it breaks at the knuckle. Very happy to report that while i certainly felt it not even so much as a bruise.