Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
215BroadStBullies610

NYR trades Stepan to ARZ

Derek Stepan, Antti Raanta traded to Coyotes by Rangers. Arizona acquires center, goalie from New York for defenseman Anthony DeAngelo, No. 7 pick in 2017 NHL Draft. 

It looks like the Rangers are selling some what high here. DeAngelo gets to, essentially, come back home. Stepan seemed to trend downward as the season when on last year. DeAngelo has shown offensive promise but still somewhat of defensive liability. Fun stuff leading up to tonight's draft.

3 hours ago, clarkiestooth said:

I think it was a smart move by NY. I'm a believer that once you determine you can't win the Cup with the team you have by just tweeking, rebuild.

I just hope if they’re going to do that, they let Lundqvist go to a contender and get some draft picks in return to help speed up the rebuild.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I just hope if they’re going to do that, they let Lundqvist go to a contender and get some draft picks in return to help speed up the rebuild.

58 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Yeah, I like Lundqvist, but his body is breaking down now from the wear and tear. You can't rely on him being able to go when you need him.

4 hours ago, asgoodasdead said:

why? they haven't won a cup since 94. gotta do something. need to get rid of AV and Arniel, though

Exactly. Re-tooling isn’t going to work. It’s time to rebuild.