Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XUHockey21

New skate suggestions

My 2008 Mission Boss' (size 9.5) are on their last legs and I would like to stay in the same quality range if not upgrade. I missed the boat on the Verbero Vortex, and the new Cypress are too pricy. I'd like to stay in the $300-400 range. Would I be better off buying a whole new skate or building off of the magnesium chassis from my current skates? I'd appreciate any/all insight. 

What kind of skates do you have right now? I know there is some sales on Inline warehouse and hockey monkey as well that should be in your price range for a good pair of skates.

If you were to stick with mission you'll notice the sizing and fit of the boot has changed and now based off the Bauer supreme.

So you'll likely have to try things on to find the best possible fit.

I personally prefer the Vapor range.

The designer of the 2008 Boss skate is on this board (Justin 1933). He moved from Mission to Alkali (one of the founders) and is now with Labeda, but while at Alkali he designed the RPD series. That's probably a good reason to look at that line if you enjoyed the fit and feel of the 08' Boss skates.

You could definitely use the magnesium chassis, wheels, bearings and spacers off your current skates to have any boots that fit you well converted. You just have to find a nice pair of skates, or boots alone (usually easier to find skates) that fit you well. By going the conversion route, you're able to consider both ice and inline boots/skates.