Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CigarScott

Equipment Advice for Big & Tall adult rookie

I IM'd you. 

I did order a Reebok 11K VN Olympic pro stock helmet and a cage for it separately. USPS seems to have lost it, though so who knows when it'll actually show up...

On 1/27/2018 at 12:42 PM, CigarScott said:

Just an update on what I've been able to get my hands on.

skates: Bauer Nexus 7000 size 12 EE (will have them next week)

pants: Tackla Pro 9000, size 60 

shoulders: Sherwood Vintage 5030, size XXL

stick: a couple sticks from prostockhockey.com

gloves: Bauer Supreme 150 15" - got used locally

I'm heading to St. Louis in a few weeks to try the other items on at the Pure Hockey locations. Has anyone ever heard of a company that make custom helmets in case I can't squeeze into a 4500 or 5100?

What is the cercumferenc of your Mellon?  If you are 24.50" or smaller you will be ok with xl maybe large.  I used a large Cooper sk2001  large  , if you can find one of those new old stock or vintage it will work.   I don't know anyone makes helmets  . I can make one for you if it comes down to it . 

Just now, CigarScott said:

26"

Based on my Mellon I think you are in a tough spot  .  The helmets adjust front to back  .    I'm thinking about rules as far as hand made helmet.  Look at USA hockey.   Helmets have to be certified  . I believe an official can  not let you play . Maybe remaking a certified helmet  may be the way to go