Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phil8

Baking CCM 6092 skates

I just bought the skates, the instructions say 2 minutes at 220ºF, but it seems like little time and little temperature, any advice to bake them at home? 

It can be fine. 2 minutes is not that short of a time and 220F is pretty high temp. One thing I can add to this, put a fan in the oven while the baking is going on. 5 to 7 inch desk fan will do. It is important to circulate that air inside the oven. Also use one of those slow-cooker thermometers which has a probe on a flexible wire and the electronic readout outside of the oven. I use electric oven and after preheat, keep the oven on and monitor the temp via the slow-cooker thermometers dangling in between the skates. Not sure if keeping the flames on in a gas oven will be wise but the thing is, if temperature is lower at the skate than specified, it might not do the trick.

Just as an FYI on the temperature, I own a Bauer skate oven. I’ve measured the temperature several times. It takes about 7 minutes to preheat and then it sits right at 220 degrees.