Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Siponarius

Nexus Boot Last

Finally have the skates of my dreams. Picked up a pair of. Zeus Havoks (upgraded n2900), and they are beauties. 

So I was like, I need pond skates, cause I don’t want to trash my game ones. I find a pair of Nexus 6000s, same size, and they were the same price point back in the day.  

When i try to skate in them, they hurt. A lot. Tight in the ankle, and cramped in the toe box, which isn’t the case in my havoks. 

question is: did they change the last in the last 4 years? Because I was under the impression they hadn’t. And if they did, should I just ditch these backup pond skates now 

I was the opposite. I bought a pair of Nexus 5000s when I got back in the game a few years ago. The fit for me was perfect, far better than the Supreme's and Vapors I also tried on. 

So when they started to wear out, I knew the Nexus line was my best bet. The next Gen of the line was just going on clearance, so at my LHS I tried on a bunch of different price points all the way up to the 1N. And none of them felt good, pressure points in a bunch of different spots. 

So I ended up buying a pair of Nexus 7000s from the previous gen (and same gen as my 5000s and the 6000s you have). 

To me, there was a big difference between the 5000/6000/7000 line that I stuck with and the n2700/n2900/1N line that you originally had. 

• Like 1