Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
IPv6Freely

Unequal Uncup

I know talking jocks aren't the most exciting subject, but I came across these while actually looking for soft cups for wearing while playing softball, and wondered if anyone has ever tried them or what peoples thoughts about them are? 

https://unequal.com/uncup/

Unequal is pretty well known for their impact absorbing materials, especially their hat liners for MLB players. I'm just not sure how enthusiastic I'd be to "give it a try" for a jock. I think they'd be great as part of a goalie's double cup setup (though I don't use one - I have a Monster jock with a shock doctor cup inside and a big slab of maltese on the outside). 

This is real and not an April Fool’s joke. This is a Jill on steroids.

I like unequal products and currently use the solo helmet liner and their base layer top.  

Im constantly looking for a better cup design. Tried the nutty buddy buddy which was great until I couldn’t get it to sit perfectly in the shorts. I watched the video and decided to try the uncup  

I used it in place of my ccm cup for several games.   I like the ccm cup design and it’s been thoroughly tested and I’ve taken a slap shot off that cup design and never felt a thing.  

Uncup Design is cool. It’s thick and pliable and you can bend it to get a more comfortable fit.  Seems like it would do a good job.

i couldn’t get over thinking this is basically a Jill and felt self conscious using it  

the main issue is that it’s NOT a cup.  How is this supposed to work?  Do I tuck or flop?

the thing about gear is you want to wear it and never think about it afterwards.  You wear it and shouldn’t have to fiddle with it to get it to sit properly. I never really needed to readjust as it did sit comfortably.

I used it until I took a shot that got me square.  It dissipated the impact but I still felt the impact and that was an eye opening moment where I decided nope   Not going to wear this ever again 

maybe someone from unequal can advise the best way to minimize the pain and maybe it works for some guys but not for me.  I’ll stick to an actual cup design.  

Update on other  crazy pursuits for a better cup

https://www.armorednutshellz.com/product-page/nutshellz-level-2-armor-high-risk-professions

this company I’m curious about but it seems really pricey.  But if you want bulletproof this would be the way to go.  Also their compression jocks don’t have the Velcro for socks so I would have to sew those on.

and forcearmour is a hard pass for me.   Thing about buying jocks is you can’t return them.  Understandable. Cool idea on paper.  

If I never bend my knees in hockey these would work for me  but since you’re always bending your knees the design opens you up to zero protection.  The cup rests flat across your thighs with hinge plates that don’t seem very flexible. When you bend your knees -  imagine resting a board across your legs and think that it will protect you from the puck.  An errant shot is just going to go underneath that board  the way it’s angled when you bend your knees  

Again I might be using them wrong or my body just isn’t compatible with the design.  Tried them on and said I am not stepping on the ice with these.  Wasted purchase  

Edited by Ps12
Added info on other jocks
  • Thanks 1

I tried it and I'm not a fan.  I did not find the Uncup to be very comfortable as 1) it's wider than your typical cup, so I found it made contact with your thighs when you skate, and 2) it rests directly on your private parts, as opposed to the protection being lifted away like traditional cups.  I couldn't get used to that as I felt like I was being compressed (I imagine it would hurt more if you took a direct impact too).  Finally, the material, although pliable with some force, is still pretty stiff.  I'm not sure how custom moldable it is, as it seems to return to shape once you bend it, etc.