Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Chipy

Bauer Supreme 2S Pro or 1S which buy

Hi guys,

I wanna buy new skates and have two options.

Supreme 1S - 435$ last pair

Supreme 2S Pro - 675$ good deal

Is it worth to buy newest model? Can somebody compare these two models from your own expirience?

thanks

One point to note is that the 1s has the original speed plates. They are not as comfy, and not as durable. My last set lasted six months. 

Previously had 1S and am now skating in 2S Pro's.  Both are great skates.  I never liked the tongues in the NXG and MX3 skates so the 1S tongue being closer to a conventional tongue with the ability to change stiffness was a vast improvement over previous ones.  Over time that tongue compressed and broke in beautifully.  

The 2S Pro out of the box with the Carbon CURV and tongue plays a lot stiffer than the 1S did. If you're a strong skater that added stiffness does result in better energy transfer and performance on the ice.  I just wish the bottom of the tongue on the 2S Pro was a little thinner on the top of the foot.  Hopefully that area of the tongue will compress more for me over time.

The liner in the 2S Pro is much better IMO than the liner in the 1S.  The combination of the HydroMax and grip for me locks me in better than the 37.5 liner did. 

13 hours ago, mojo122 said:

Previously had 1S and am now skating in 2S Pro's.  Both are great skates.  I never liked the tongues in the NXG and MX3 skates so the 1S tongue being closer to a conventional tongue with the ability to change stiffness was a vast improvement over previous ones.  Over time that tongue compressed and broke in beautifully.  

The 2S Pro out of the box with the Carbon CURV and tongue plays a lot stiffer than the 1S did. If you're a strong skater that added stiffness does result in better energy transfer and performance on the ice.  I just wish the bottom of the tongue on the 2S Pro was a little thinner on the top of the foot.  Hopefully that area of the tongue will compress more for me over time.

The liner in the 2S Pro is much better IMO than the liner in the 1S.  The combination of the HydroMax and grip for me locks me in better than the 37.5 liner did. 

Agree on all of this. +1

I bought 2S PRO yeasterday. Beacuse I dont like old style tongue with inserts, 2S PRO have modified 1X 17 tongue. Liner is next big plus and new quaterpackage is Carbon Curv, so the moldable is on another level. And finally they are sell with speed plate 2.0 🙂

PS: I use Bauer skate lab and it say my size 8EE. I try 7.5EE, 7EE (they are small and hurts my instep) and another models Bauer and CCM but best fit I have in Supreme 8EE as skate lab say. 

18 hours ago, Chipy said:

I bought 2S PRO yeasterday. Beacuse I dont like old style tongue with inserts, 2S PRO have modified 1X 17 tongue. Liner is next big plus and new quaterpackage is Carbon Curv, so the moldable is on another level. And finally they are sell with speed plate 2.0 🙂

PS: I use Bauer skate lab and it say my size 8EE. I try 7.5EE, 7EE (they are small and hurts my instep) and another models Bauer and CCM but best fit I have in Supreme 8EE as skate lab say. 

I personally like the original speed plates better. I like how they are very rigid and I like the stiff feel of the arch support. The SP 2.0 is you flexible, IMO, and actually adds a bit more volume than the original.