Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whip

Drills

Last year I was able to deke and do all that fancy stuff as well as carry the puck with ease however now I moved up a division were everybody's more aggressive and faster and now I can barley pull the moves I was doing last year, its like Iam not able to mainatian the puck long enuff to doing anything significant, I am really hard time catching passes and carrying the puck is there any drills I can do to improve cause I went from dangling everybody to barley doing anything with the puck so I am looking to improve, any drills?

Last year I was able to deke and do all that fancy stuff as well as carry the puck with ease however now I moved up a division were everybody's more aggressive and faster and now I can barley pull the moves I was doing last year, its like Iam not able to mainatian the puck long enuff to doing anything significant, I am really hard time catching passes and carrying the puck is there any drills I can do to improve cause I went from dangling everybody to barley doing anything with the puck so I am looking to improve, any drills?

Stickhandling a golf ball should soften up your hands a bit.. They also have some stickhandling drills on epuck.com i believe.

Try controling the puck and making moves in small areas. This is the time of year when I start using the pool in my backyard: It's an above-ground pool, only about 15 feet wide. The water that sits on the top freezes over pretty fast, so I have myself a nice, small area to work the puck in tight spaces. I'll use cones and stuff to set up a course for myself and then just spend as much time as I can out there before the ice gets torn up too bad.

Not only does something like this help your stickhandling, but it also helps your agility and quickness.

If you don't have a pool or any other small surface to work with, you could probably get away with restricting yourself to a single face-off circle when you get 10 minutes to yourself at practice or something.

(Sometimes I'll make things really interesting and work with a small bouncy-ball. Once you can do that moving full speed and making cuts, you can probably do just about anything you want with a puck)

There are two parts to a deke. First, you have to stickhandle the puck. But the equally important 2nd part is to fool the defenseman. It sounds like you are not pulling off the 2nd part. Are you really throwing your head and body into the deke direction, making the defender really think you are going that way??? If he can see you are faking, you will not get by him.

Another trick is to wait until a defender starts to crossover to one side before you cut back the other way. That way he has to take two steps to change direction, giving you a little more time.

=)

sounds really hard to put that all together.

i don't know how to deke out people at all...

i can only skate fast

and hope to pass them...

hahahaahah

yes, i am a newb

The Vinny Lecav series from Smart Hockey are pretty good. I just grabbed one off the wall and installed it the other day and the clips are impressive.

Also, check out the usa hockey website. They've put up a good number of stickhandling drills with video on the site.

www.usahockey.com

Thanks for that link! :)

The Vinny Lecav series from Smart Hockey are pretty good. I just grabbed one off the wall and installed it the other day and the clips are impressive.

is the cd good enough to go buy the set thing(cd and ball)? i already have just the ball

is the cd good enough to go buy the set thing(cd and ball)? i already have just the ball

They only come in a package and each package comes with a ball. If you follow the workout schedule for the full 21 days you will see an improvement.