Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

Adding pitch to skate without heel lifts or profiling?

I have a customer who wants to bascially add a lift between the midsole and the insole of the skate. He doesnt want to modify his steel or the holder at all. Ive never tried this, but, in theory if we added a shim under the insole it will in fact add pitch I am jsut not sure if the outcome would be the same as adding a heel lift, for example. Has anyone ever tried this? I would assume its just the same as how using SuperFeet insoles technically add a small amonut of pitch. Right? 

4 hours ago, SkateWorksPNW said:

I have a customer who wants to bascially add a lift between the midsole and the insole of the skate. He doesnt want to modify his steel or the holder at all. Ive never tried this, but, in theory if we added a shim under the insole it will in fact add pitch I am jsut not sure if the outcome would be the same as adding a heel lift, for example. Has anyone ever tried this? I would assume its just the same as how using SuperFeet insoles technically add a small amonut of pitch. Right? 

Red Dog Hockey Boost.  Technically yes you can but just adding it for the sake of adding it to hopefully put him in the right spot is a simple shot in the dark

I've done exactly that before. In fact, my old Easton S12's came with optional heel shims.

Yeah, it does add some pitch but it also alters the way the boot fits. Heel lock and ankle placement are affected. Sometimes you need to rebake.

I Feel like as long as it won't create volume issues, you could use a shim inside the boot under the heel. Essentially a much more aggressive version of superfeet.

• Like 1