Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LetsGoWings13

new blade

i am currently using a inno composite kovalev blade and it broke last night and i was thinking about switching to a sakic. Has anyone went from a kovalev/drury type curve to a sakic. Was it hard to get used to.

I'm kind of the other way around. I'm thinking of switching to a Drury from a Sakic. I know for a Sakic you really need to follow through if you want to keep a slapshot from going over the net. Also it takes some time to get used to the rocker of the blade wen stickhandling.

did u have to change your shooting style when u switched to a sakic??

you will have to make changes to your motion.

Yes. I found I had to close the face of the blade a little, and REALLY follow through at my target, or else, the pucks gonne end up in the net....(above the glass :ph34r: )

Edit: Will I have to change much going to a drury. Also, how is stickhandling with a drury compared to a sakic or modano.

you need very strong wrist to shoot hard with the drury. Also the sweet spot for slap shots isnt very big lol. Stickhandling is good. There is a small rocker on it. I love the drury but sence i use int sticks im thinking about trying a int. stealth grip when it comes out and they dont make the drury for it.

He means that since the curve and loft is different from your Kovy blade that you will have to change the way you shoot. Maybe turn your wrists over more, follow through a little higher, use more of a sweeping motion rather than a snapping motion. Maybe not exactly that, but that kind of thing.

I float back and forth a bit because Drury's can be hard to find around here. I find I need to use more of a wrist shot motion and keep the blade more towards the middle of my blade to get a good shot of. It's one of the easier transitions (IMO), but it isn't instant, you will need to practice and get used to it.