Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jazz Star

Old Tacks vs newer Tacks skate fit?

As someone who started out in 752s back in the day and was still using 1052s up to 2011...the only way to know what works for your foot with all these modern skates is to go to a good pro-shop and try them out.

While some of the model names sound familiar, the various fits have changed a hundred ways through Sunday over the years. Plus, with all the new tech modern skates have relative to those 552s, your foot really won't know what to make of any of it without just sticking them in some skates.

Here's a brief and basic rundown of the current CCM models from Pure Hockey's website. You can find one for Bauer as well.

https://www.purehockey.com/c/ccm-jetspeed-vs-ribcor-vs-tacks-hockey-skates?gclid=CjwKCAiAg9rxBRADEiwAxKDTuh0YUlBvIxlrkr4izE8yX6f2jgaysqN6xScMe6UI439ZFkXGqdFy4hoCIyAQAvD_BwE

But honestly, try on various CCM and Bauer skates and see what works.

One thing though, these modern skates are gonna feel crazy more comfortable than what you've been used too!

Edited by Vuronov

That is the best answer, thanks.  Just that I have a line on an older new pair of 4092s at a good price, so I can't go to my LHS and try those on.  But I figure since they reintroduced them, all of the xx52, xx92, and 90xx probably fit similarly.